Last year a friend was getting rid of a small tree. She gave it to us and I didn't know where I was going to put it or use it, but it is PERFECT for Lindsey's room! She was so excited! She insisted that Ryan be the one to help her buy ornaments at Wal-Mart. So funny! So she came home with "golden" ornaments. All gold. Balls. Garland. Small presents. Star. ALL of them. There are some glittery type bears as well that aren't gold!! Not what I would have picked, but she has FULL ownership for sure! :) Look at me giving up that control....HA HA HA!!

She was even sweet and let Courtney help. She's swinging the ball around, so that is why it is blurry!! At least she didn't break any, then we might have had a meltdown!

Finished product! She was so proud! I did get a tree skirt and it is white on the bottom and pink tule! Looks super cute!
The point of the title...this little tree is working miracles in our house! Now when she starts the fit and tries to take control we remind her that big girls don't throw fits. So, if you are a big girl, then you get a Christmas tree. Thus, if you throw fits and are not, then you don't get a tree in your room. There has only been 2 instances where I feel like it was boarderline when we should have taken it out. Tonight was one of those. Oh well...life goes on! She still has a tree...hanging over her head!
3 comments:
Maybe I should do this!! I have 3 stong willed children. Drew is the worst with Lauren behind. She has hit the terrible 2's. Have a Great Christmas!!!
Precious and it works for manipulation. What's better than that! I'm doing the same with a stocking stuffer each morning. Only a sweet girl would keep those ornaments on and not destroy the tree. Kinda glad our tree is in the ocean this year.
Great idea!! Also so cute of the girls building the gingerbread house! Can't wait to do stuff like that with Anna!
Post a Comment