Christmas Eve Day was really like most other days around here. Ryan worked, almost all day. The girls and I hung out at home and got a lot of things ready for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Dinner. This picture isn't so great of Lindsey, but I had to post it because of Courtney's expression!!
One of the things that we did was make cookies for Santa. While most moms get really creative and make their own dough or whatever, I went with the pre-cut cookies this year! It worked great! There were 2 sheets in there and so they each had the exact same thing! They loved it!
That night, Kyle and Miah came down to spend the night with us and be here on Christmas! We had a "snacky" supper. My favorite! We had hot ham and cheese, cheese dip, onion dip, party pizzas, and lots of sweet snacks! Yummo!!! We ate early and went to our candle light service at church. It was neat. Nothing big and fancy, just simple and a great experience! The girls did very good. Lindsey dripped wax on her finger at the end and cried, but other that they were great!
When we got back we put out the reindeer food that Lindsey had gotten at school. It was oats and glitter. The idea was that it was food for Rudolph and glitter so they could find our house! So they scattered it around (a very small patch) in the back yard!
Then we let the girls open their one present (new pjs) that I want to be a "tradition" but Ryan says they'll pick up on it and become disappointed. We'll see... They are super cute! Lindsey had gotten a new gown earlier this week and she told me she was not going to wear her new Santa ones, but her new gown. Which was fine.
Lindsey wouldn't walk out of her room. She wanted Ryan to carry her! So funny!
This is what they woke up to. Lindsey got a little vanity and make up. She LOVES LOVES LOVES to dress up and do "big girl" stuff. She was excited. She also got a glove to play ball with daddy! She MIGHT play next summer, we'll see.
1 comments:
What a fun day! I haven't seen the precut cookie sheets. We do use the cookie sheets though...I am all about ease. :) Anyway, snacky dinner is my favorite too...we had it last night. And the games look fun. I am glad you had a wonderful time!
Reba
Post a Comment