Courtney today put this shopping cart like this and was walking around! I said, "Courtney, what are you doing?" As she walked around and was hitting the cart. Her response, "Drumming!" Of course! How in the world does she know to pretend this is a drum??? This is Lindsey's new favorite thing to do...make a "parade" she says! She takes every toy she can find, every shoe, every anything that is out or isn't out and puts it in her parade! This goes across our living room, to the front door, across the toy room and back toward the living room! It was amazing! She LOVES to do this! She will move EACH AND EVERY ONE of them a little bit! I think it got too long to move, so she just made it longer. But, for a while she will move them each around 6 inches and then "inch" the others up like a parade! You can see her bent over at the end of the line all the way at the front door...
12.11.2008
Lindsey and Courtney Funnies!
After school we got Courtney's hair cut, went to a friends' house for a little while and then got home around supper. I had told Lindsey in the car that I wrapped some Christmas presents and some of them had her name on them. She got sort of excited, but nothing like I expected. When we got home she didn't notice like I thought she would. So I pointed them out. She asked if they were hers and I said that yes, some were, the ones with her name on it. She could look and see. I'm in the kitchen getting supper together and I hear "A NEW UNO GAME!" Yes, she opened one!!
Obviously I sort of schreeched, stammered around and wasn't sure what to say. Which then was interpreted by my "pleaser" of a child as if I were upset. I really wasn't, I was just shocked and very unsure of what to do in the exact moment. Do I take it up and just put it away? Do I let her play with it? What is Courtney going to do if she realizes what has happened? All went through my head in about a 1/2 a second! She started to cry, of course, realizing she had messed up. I assured her it wasn't a big deal. Over and over and over and over and over...you get the picture. She said sorry over and over and over and over...again...you get the picture. It got pretty annoying.
I asked her if she wanted me to re-wrap it or just keep it out. She wanted me to re-wrap it. So I did! Then I got the name tag and put it on. She asked if she could write her own name. So she did. So now, there is a present under our tree to Lindsey, from us that she has unwrapped and knows what it is, but wanted it BACK under the tree!!
It was ALL I could do to not burst out laughing and wanting to call someone and tell them. I knew she'd be embarassed. Even at supper when she was telling Ryan that we now had presents, she was very cautious when she told him what had happend. I wasn't even sure if she was going to. It was definately one of those I think I will remember as a funny Christmas story!
Posted by Sharon at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Bless her heart!
Post a Comment