Today is Ryan and mine's "anniversary" for our first date! Before we were married we made a big deal (for some reason) out of it! Which was fun!! We've done a few fun things since we've been married on this day. One time he did a BIG surprise for me when we lived in Lowell, got a babysitter for Lindsey, had candles and pictures all around our room, wrote me a letter and made a "mixed tape" (CD) of songs that were popular to us when we were in high school and college! :) Memories....
I'm just so thankful for my husband and who he is. I'm thank ful that he is a faithful, loving husband to me. I'm thankful that he is an amazing dad and lives to be that for our girls. I'm thankful that he is a hard worker and cares about the people he works with! I'm thankful that he is a Sunday school teacher to these boys that love him! I love him!
Last night at church we did our Christmas program. I was recruited to a speaking part by our music minister. Which was fine, it wasn't a big part it was just a simple speaking part at the end. The idea was that I was someone who once didn't believe in Jesus, went through my parent's divorce, found the Lord and now loved God. Which thankfully isn't my story. I know it is so many people's story though.
Anyway, last night my mom and dad came. They have been married coming up on 32 years! Wow! What a blessing! When I looked down at my parents last night, holding Lindsey as they hung on every word I was saying, I FELL.COMPLETELY.APART! I don't know where it came from or why it hit me like that. I have just heard of quite a few people lately that I personally know or that are family and friends of my friends that are going through a divorce. So as I stood there last night thinking about this "part" that I was saying, it just hit me as to how thankful I was that God had blessed my family and that I by HIS grace wasn't sharing my testimony of a broken family, but could be humbled and thnakful for MY family! Wow! I could cry now.
Then I thought later of how thankful I am for a husband that loves me unconditionally. I know there are those times that we go through where we drive eachother crazy. We all do. But, I also know that I married him, committed my life to him, and meant the words "until death do we part!"
On our tour of homes I saw a quote in one that said something (I can't remember exactly) like "You have to work on forever every day" or something like that. You get the idea! I LOVE that. Marriage is hard work! Sometimes we have to sacrifce what we as an individual wants for what might be best for our family or spouse. I'm thankful for a mom a and dad who have made those sacrifices and worked hard to keep their marriage togethter! I'm thankful for a husband who is willing to work with me and love me to keep our marriage together.
So, Happy "Anniversary" Ryan! I love you!
12.15.2008
13 Years!
Posted by Sharon at 7:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, I'm crying, Sharon...great post. Marriage IS work, but the greatest blessing too. Hugs to ya!
So sweet! Happy "Anniversary" to y'all!
Thanks for sharing...so true. You got me all weepy!
You did wonderful on your "part" at the Christmas Musical. Words are so so powerful. Sometimes just the simple things that come out of our mouths can impact another in such an awesome way. I am thankful the Holy Spirit touched you through your "part"... God tends to surprise us like that. He allowed you to speak with your heart to touch others, and from what I hear you did just that my friend. Love, Tonia
Hi Sharon! We enjoyed the program and thought you did great - just like when you were in church programs - and school programs - when you were a little girl!!!
We love all of you!
Dad/Grangrad
P.S. "coming up on 33 years - last March was 32!!!
Post a Comment