I have been meaning to put this out there for a while now, and just haven't sat down to do it. My cousin, Wendi, was the one that showed me the light! It is google reader.
What: I don't know the correct termonology I'm sure, but it is a "live feed" or something. You just have to sign up. Then when you have subscribed to all of the blogs that you want to read, you then just sign in to google reader and anything that is a new post will be there.
How: Go to google.com and you will see or have to find "reader." Then on the side there is a place to add subscriptions. You just type in a blog website, or any I would assume, there and click add.
Now what? Once you have done that you then have ONE website with ALL of your blogs on it! It is AWESOME! I simply sign in to google reader and every blog that I read is on there, and so therefore if anyone updates their blog, it puts the post there!
Those are all the "pros" of it. There are a couple of "cons" as well:
- If a blog is set to private, then you can't read it on google reader...sorry!
- You don't get to see the "cuteness" of blog backgrounds and such
- It takes a bigger effort to leave a comment. (I'm not a big commenter anyway, but if you really want to it isn't that hard. Just to easy not to when you aren't actually on the blog)
- I think there is some delay in posting it to google reader. I have noticed that sometimes it is on their blog for a little while (maybe hours, not days)...not really that long probably.
I really enjoy it and probably check it 20 times a day!!! Seriously...addicted! I'm sorry that I enjoy reading about my friends' lives and keeping up with what is going on! :) If you really want to do it, and aren't sure I'll be happy to help!
0 comments:
Post a Comment