8.11.2008

Update

My uncle had another test done today. It was on something (I'm so not medical, so I don't want to say the wrong thing) about the arteries in his brain. The result was "normal" and they were told his arteries in his brain were "like those of a young man" and anyone who knew how to read the results would say the same thing. I guess that is good news. However, when you are wanting an answer to WHY he is the way he is, "normal" test results are not what you want. At least that doesn't seem like what you want so that you can have an answer? You know? Like you don't ever want your child to be sick, but when they aren't acting right and acting sick, you hope something is wrong so that you can "fix" whatever it is. That is how I know I feel about all of these "normal" test results...why are they normal if something needs to be "fixed" with his brain.

I'm am trying so hard to learn to pray with faith through this. I'm pretty much an open book...so my raw feelings will be here. But, I just don't know how to pray with anymore faith than I already have. How do I do that? I KNOW that God is bigger than all of these tests, all of the doctors and all of us. However, it is hard for me to pray KNOWING that God will "fix" my uncle. I feel like I am praying with a lot of hope, but how much faith do I pray with? I don't know!?!? I hope I'm praying with as much faith as I possibly can. If not, I pray that God would show me how to pray with more faith.

Today was a better day according to my cousin. He said that my uncle talked more, stood and moved around a little bit for around 5 min. (This weekend it was only about a min. or 2) and that was a lot of work. As he was finished with his therapy today he said "That made me tired. I need to sit back down." But I'm sure it was in his funny way, not in a grouchy way! I can just hear him...He has been accepted to Mayo clinic. It sounded like the final decision had not been made, but that they would likely go there. They are being encouraged to wait on one last test result before they go. Plus working out all of the logistics of getting there.

So, as I go to bed confused and not sure how to pray, I pray that God would give the doctors wisdom, my family peace and my uncle rest.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Praise God for a normal test result, but I understand your frustration/confusion with still not knowing what is wrong. I'm praying for you and for your family. Just keep praying sweetie. God knows your heart and your faithfulness.

Angela said...

Bless his heart. Please give updates.