8.12.2008

Fun Times

We've been at home a lot lately! I'm such a "go go go" mom, but when it is 105 outside it isn't fun to go places. Not even the swimming pool! Then yesterday and today it has been raining...we can't seem to catch a break. I'm so looking forward to fall. However, here are a few things we've been doing.

Lindsey got this for her birthday from one of her friends. It is a really neat thing. The "papers" are under this clear board so they can copy over and over and over! She was practicing writing her letters. She is VERY into that sort of thing! She can probably not tell you what the words are, but she can copy the letters. One of the things that she is going to work on in preschool (the letter said) was writing lower case letters. She's very excited! This is a video called "Bella Dancerella" or at least that is what the song says! :) Uncle Taylor and Amber gave this to Lindsey for her birthday. It is like a video where they show Lindsey dances and she does it like them. She has a blast doing it and of course Courtney thinks she's doing it, but she just goes in circles. Lindsey is actually very good at it. She follows along and does the dances! Very good gift!
So the other day when the pool was too hot, but it had cooled down to 98 degrees outside...ha ha...I decided it was time to get the crunchy, dead flowers out of the landscaping. It was driving me nuts. I don't think any amount of water would have brought them back to life. So, I decided to hook up the sprinkler and let the girls play. Then I played and we had fun!

In so many ways my girls are very very different. However, there are times that I don't hear Courtney and I wonder what in the world she has gotten into! So as I was cooking supper the other night I realized I hadn't heard her. Here is what I found. Precious! She had a baby in her lap and was reading books to the baby. At one point she had the baby's hand feeling the book on her "touch and feel" farm book. So cute!
Even as I have struggled this week with my uncle, as I look at these pictures and watch/listen to my girls play I realize all the blessings that God has given to us! I'm very ready for school to start and for us to get back to our schedule. It can be busy and overwhelming at times, but at the same time I think it works for the girls and I to have stuff to do. Lindsey started gymnastics yesterday and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! I have some picutres, but they didn't turn out great. Weird lighting that my camera always has a hard time with. Then Lindsey will go to Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. After lunch there, her preschool teacher, Mrs. Baker will get her and she will have preschool on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Wednesday mornings we will have MOPS at church. Courtney will go to MDO on Tuesday all day, but stay home with me on Thursdays while Lindsey goes to MDO/preschool. Fridays...nothing! :) It sounds so busy, but isn't much different from our schedule last year.

0 comments: