8.13.2008

From my cousin at Mayo...

This is the update from my cousin who is at the hospital with my uncle:

The MRI was OK but he was a bit jumpy. They have not heard if it was a good study technically or if they will need to do it again. Obviously we have no results as to the content of the study yet.

They are preparing for the spinal tap now..

CJD remains on everyone's mind and is part of many of the discussions. They have given me reading material on it. None of it is good. It is a huge black cloud that is very ominous. I get the feeling they are expecting it to be the culprit. There is no treatment for CJD. We desperately need CJD ruled out so we can all get it off our minds and they can move on to other possible causes of Dad's symptoms.

As for Dad, he is resting comfortably most of the time. He still fidgets regularly. Sometimes I can get him to tell me what he is doing; other times I cannot. If I can get him to answer me, I can usually get him to relax and let me handle it. His periods of awakening and being truly with me are more rare. I do not know how much of that is due to continued deterioration and how much is due to the medication.

0 comments: