8.20.2008

First Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Lindsey's first day of preschool! She was so excited. She wanted pancakes for breakfast! We picked out some of her new school clothes the night before, since we have had issues with picking out clothes and deciding what to wear! This is my big girl!
Finally...my favorite part of back to school! NEW BRIGHT WHITE SHOES! I love them!I can remember growing up and buying my shoes (saddle oxfords!--however you spell/write that) before school would start and having to wait for the first day of school to wear them! It was so fun to put on those bright white shoes! I guess it was ingrained in me to love shoes...or I learned it very easily! I hadn't really realized how much I loved new school shoes until I saw these bright white shoes on Lindsey! I just had to take a picture!
She is going to preschool Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. Typically she'll just go over from MDO, so I won't walk her in each day. But I do have to sit in a car line to pick her up! So weird! I felt so funny and so "old" in a way yesterday as I sat in the line of cars to get her. Of course there were only like 8 cars in the line, but still...it was very school like! Her teacher is Mrs. Baker. Mrs. Baker is very known in Greenwood. She's been teaching for literally like 30 years or something. My friends that live here, some of them went to Mrs. Baker's preschool. She is very old fashioned, very sweet and Lindsey LOVED her first day of Mrs. Baker's class! I'm so excited for her! She is going to have so much fun!

3 comments:

Julie said...

so sweet! i hope you had a great first day, Lindsey!

Katie said...

How cute, we loved Mrs Baker. She is so good with the kids. She is old school but I like that about her. I really thought she was a classy lady.

Lynne Paulus said...

You crack me up! I so get the new shoes, 1st day of school thing! The anticipation, the excitement, so thrilling! I want to go school shopping for myself. Don't we get new clothes each year if we've grown a little? Hmm, that thought makes it less exciting.

Lindsey looks even taller and older! Holy moly where have our babies gone already? The schauffer stage of your life has already begun, crazy!

Oh, I heard that the "Magic Eraser" works well on those pretty white shoes for FYI.
Love you!