The shower is TOTALLY finished! I am going to Wal-Mart when naptime is over to get a liner and rod. I'm on the search for a curtain (NO DOORS!!!) as well. We'll see. I told Ryan last night that I wanted to decorate our bathroom now. He just laughed at me. I have done NOTHING to it. Above the tub there is a BIG wall...something has to go there. Then above the towels it needs something. There is one more wall space I'd like to put something as well. With our red and gold colors in our room, I'm going to carry that into our bathroom. So, that is what I'll be looking for. Any good ideas out there...please share! I haven't really "decorated" a bathroom before (other than towels)
BEFORE
AFTER
Well, it is done! The cabinets are going to be this color (with polyurathane--however you spell that) now! I'm so excited. They are a little darker than I imagined, but it is my fault wanting to badly for them to not be that other color. I like it...it is just very drastic! There are only 2 cabinets out of the 6 that I feel like are a lot lighter (one of them is in the picture) than the other doors. But, because of the variation in color all over, you can't really tell. So we'll hang it back up and see how it looks before I try to "fix" it and mess it up. :)
I am ready to now do the other bathroom. It won't be quite the project that ours has been though. It is just going to be redoing the cabinets like these, changing the counter, light fixture and towel rods. Nothing to the tub/shower. I picked out the granite yesterday and Ryan is checking to see if we can get a 2nd piece of the same one for the guest bath.
Then we will just have the kitchen to re-do! It will be a MAJOR project....so I'm guessing we'll wait. I don't know. Ryan may get bored and need a project. In the kitehn it will just be doing the cabinets (like I just did in the bathroom), new counters, new backsplash, new stove and new fixture (I hope). The kitchen has a very out of date "box light" thing. I HATE it....but not sure what the best option is in changing it. We'll cross that bridge later! I'll enjoy my beautiful new bathroom for the time being!
2 comments:
It looks great, Sharon!
I love it, it looks so much better in the light. I have seem people even paint them black and it looks fine. I would not worry about it being dark. That will make a huge difference in your kitchen too. Good job!
Post a Comment