Here are the rules: Go back through your archives and post the links to the five favorite blog posts that you’ve written. But there is a catch:
Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are… what you’re all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be anything you choose.
Link 1-Courtney's Baby Dedication was truly one of the most moving things I have ever done. When we dedicated Lindsey, it was "mass dedication" like everyone seems to do these days. Courtney's was totally different--just us and our families--very intimate and very, very sweet! I won't type all of it out, because it is on the link. It was a very special time for us as parents!
Link 2-My Friend Ashely is adopting. I haven't typed much about friends, so when I was looking back, this is what stuck out. She is such a sweet friend. We were college roommates (which is a funny story if you want to hear it sometime--how we got together) and have stayed friends. This is a neat story about her! You are awesome Ashley! I love you!
Link 3-This was easy because it has been so recent. I am always wanting to "lose weight" and struggle with it bad! But, this year I decided I was going to just start exercising in hopes that losing weight would be easier. So, that is why I chose this link I'm not 15 anymore. At least it is what I'm all about right now. Hopefully I will still be about it in a year, I guess we'll see!
Link 4-The reason I do this blog is to keep up with my girls and the fun times we have, so something I love would have to be about them. Lately we have had some fun converstaions with Lindsey and love hearing Courtney's new "talking" all the time. So here is what I love: Lindsey, Courtney, and Ryan. Sorry, I couldn't choose. Most of the people who read this have read those lately, they aren't new, but still what I love!
Link 5-What to choose? I have no idea! I had a hard time trying to find something that really stuck out. I chose this for several reasons. I'll explain...First of all, Ryan loves fishing. He wants that to be something he can do with our girls. On the other hand he realized last fall how much time it took away from being with them at this stage of life. So, on his own he sold his fishing boat. What a sacrifice that is for him. Secondly, it makes me look forward to those times that I know we will be on the water together. We are in the process of buying a pontoon boat for this summer. Seeing these pictures as I looked back made me realize how much fun it is going to be. The one we are getting has a deck on the front, specifically for them to be able to sit and fish with Daddy! I love it! Ryan is so excited and we talk about being at the lake this summer already! I can't wait!
This has been fun. I thought it would be harder than it really was. I enjoyed looking back and like my friend Shannon (who tagged me), it was a reminder of why I do it! Seeing pictures of the girls from a year ago...WOW...they are growing up too fast! I knew it, but seeing it in pictures just reminded me of how I need to cherish these moments before they are gone!
Ok, so "tag you are it" goes to:
1. Brandi
2. Alecia
3. Amanda
4. Julie
And anyone else who wants to do it! Have fun!!
1.29.2008
Meme Time (not sure why it is called that)
Posted by Sharon at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very interesting...it will take me a bit to go through my archives and figure out what links to use.
Is that me???? It will take awhile, maybe when I am homebound for the next few weeks I will get to it!
Yes, you Shores! :) I tried to think of my blogging friends that I knew had blogged for a while and update fairly regularly!! So, there you go....a good homebound assignment!
Post a Comment