

So we had Courtney's dedication yesterday. It was the sweetest, most special moments of my life. It is truely a day I will never forget and hopefully will always remember the "feeling" I had. Let me explain....here in Greenwood at First Baptist, our pastor, Ronnie Deal, does a private dedication. I had not heard of this and none of our friends at church had dedicated their babies here, so we didn't know what to expect. It was only the 4 of us and all of our families. Taylor wasn't there because he got sick on Sat. We missed him and wished that he could have been apart of it since it was so special, but what can you do? Anyway.....we went to the church at 2:00, just our family, the pastor and nursery coordinator. We went into the sanctuary and the lights were dimmed, soft music playing and at the end of the isle was our pastor, a small table with a flower arrangement and candle. Ryan, Lindsey, Courtney and I all sat on the front row and our family sat behind us. Sort of like at a wedding! :) So, I introduced who everyone was and Bro. Ronnie started. He talked just to Ryan and I about being a Christian family and how the best thing we can give our children is our marriage and to love eachother. Then he went on to talk to just Ryan about being the spiritual leader of our family. He talked about praying together, reading the Bible together and surrounding ourselves with Christian friends, being involved in a church, etc. All the things youdo as a "Christian family." Then he had a letter sealed that we are to give Courtney when she becomes a Christian explaining to her what we had done on March 18th and how we had been praying for her for that day of her salvation. Then he gave us a New Testement for her and challenged us to read that to her as a baby and tell her that we did that when she was little. Then he gave Ryan and I the Lord's supper. He had Ryan give it to me, talking about being a spiritual leader and all. Then we sat on the alter (steps) at the front, our family stood around us and Bro. Ronnie knelt and prayed for us. It was the most amazing thing. I felt so encouraged and so lifted up. I know so many times we get caught up in teaching our kids and wanting them to be involved and us to be involved, but it was such a good reminder of who are are supposed to be teaching them to be, how to live and to love Jesus! I want that so badly for my girls and I want Ryan and I to be the best examples they see....what a challenge to us as parents to be on our toes for Jesus so our girls will know how to be a Christian. It was just an amazing day and one that I want to forever hold in my heart. I wish we had taken a video camera...I would have already watched it today....but we didn't. It will just be our memories, but hopefully more than that Courtney will learn from the example of our lives!
0 comments:
Post a Comment