1.28.2008

Lindsey

Lindsey got this lite brite for Christmas! It is one of her "big girl toys" meaning it stays in her closet so Courtney can't get it. She's such a good girl and will play independently very well! She had been working on it for a while, then came out to tell me she was all finished with her new picture! I was so proud! She was too! Can you tell?
On Saturday Lindsey and I went to watch Heather compete in her regionals cheerleading competition. I had gone back in November to watch them in Hot Springs! They are VERY good! Anyway, Lindsey got to wear her new Razorback cheerleading outfit! Of course she wouldn't smile, but she loved seeing SO MANY cheerleaders in one place! Heather's team won FIRST PLACE so they are going on to state this Sat. I am going to watch! They haven't had much competition at the others because they compete in the small school large squad type division. However, at state there will be 10 teams total, so they will have their work cut out for sure! I'm excited! (This is a WHOLE new ballgame than from when I cheered!--we didn't compete, but just the ability levels of the cheerleaders at such a young age is amazing!)

Lindsey Van Gogh! She is such the artist! For all of my early childhood friends...do you see the developmental drawing? Look at Ryan's long legs, no body and his head. She had eyes, nose and mouth. No arms, but she traced her own hands as his hands, yes HER OWN idea! So smart! Then you can see that she wrote his name above him. She was getting ready to draw me and I meant to take a picture when she was finished. You can see my head by Ryan's hands. Yes, I had short leg in case you were wondering! She's such a little thinker and such a "fine motor" kid! Right now she is making a torn paper picture...snowman and now snow around him! VERY easy for those cabin fever days! She loves it!

1 comments:

Julie said...

I love that Lindsey is so creative! One of my favorite things about her. That baby bed is really cute too...he should sell those.