Lindsey seems to have a lot of spiritual questions/insight as we are going to bed. I've heard other moms say the same thing, so it is funny that we are getting to that point. She has a hard time with praying...she doesn't want to pray, so I always pray. But that really has nothing to do with my story. Let me go back a few weeks....I wish I had typed it then, but I didn't so I don't remember (like I thought I would--what was I thinking??) exactly. Somehow we were talking about being in heaven. More than likely she was asking me about something that happened "pre-Lindsey" with Ryan and I. My response, because I don't know what to say, when she asks, "Where was I?" is always, "You were still in heaven." So I have said that a few times over the past few weeks just in conversation. Now, here we are going to bed:
L:Mommy, when I go back to heaven is God going to break me?
M: What?! (TOTALLY confused)
L: (with an embarassed funny look) Is God going to bend me?
M: You mean like make you a baby and put you back in my tummy?
L: Yes, is he going to do that?
M: No, there will always only be ONE LINDSEY!
Another night:
L: How did the angel come down to tell Mary she was going to have Jesus?
M: I don't know, I guess he flew since angels have wings?
L: How am I going to get to heaven?
M: I guess we'll fly like the angel? (Seriously...how do you answer that?) We don't know when it is going to be, but God will come back and get us when He's ready.
L: Why don't we know?
M: I guess God wants it to be a surprise.
L: I sure do like surprises!
L: Where does God live?
M: In heaven.
L: I know, but where?
M: I guess in a house.
Tonight:
L: Why did God send Jesus to us? (WOW...how do you answer that for a 3 1/2 year old who is pretty smart and receptive?
M: Well, when we do things we aren't supposed to, it is called sin. God sent Jesus to save us because he loved us and so now we can love Jesus forever because God sent him. (???)
L: Mommy, did new Amber cut your hair?
M: yes, she did (as I try so hard not to laugh)
L: Why are you laughing mommy? Is it because I was smart again?
M: Yes, and because you were talking about Jesus and then mommy's hair and that is just funny to me!
Oh, from the mouths of babes! I love her! I lover her questions and pray that I can answer her the right way and point her to Jesus, but also help her understand that Mommy and Daddy don't have all the answers (and neither does she, even though at 3 she thinks she does!) to everything. We just have to trust God! (right, Mom?)
I'm so thankful for my precious daughters that God blessed us with! We are blessed beyond words. Ryan is gone to play basketball with some guys at church and I sit in my quiet house and think about my precious precious babies sleeping. What a joy they are to me! Thank you Lord that you gave me Lindsey Lee and Courtney Ann!
2 comments:
Sharon she is so perceptive! It amazes me how right from such a young age we want to know God and where he is and what he's doing.
Too sweet! Belle just told me the other day she just can't figure out how God got here. Hmmm? ME NEITHER! You just never know what to say.
Post a Comment