If you've read my post from the Wild Things Farm and about Lindsey pulling the wagon, we had another life lesson....via no training wheels on her bike.
Ryan has been on Lindsey to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. We tried a little while back and she was NOT interested. I took it sort of like I looked at potty training, there was no point in fighting her. When she was ready, she'd do it.
Well, the weather has been beautiful here lately. She's been riding her 4 wheeler mostly. But, Ryan convinced her (somehow, I wasn't out there at the time) to try again.
These 2 usually don't "battle" like she and I do. However, yesterday was different.
I guess one time Lindsey did it and she did well. So Ryan was continuing to make her do it. She almost crashed and got off and got mad. Apparently she "threw her helmet" (again, I wasn't out there, but those were Ryan's words) and had to come in to time out. Ryan gave her the speech about how you don't give up just because something is hard. You have to keep trying.
Ryan has been on Lindsey to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. We tried a little while back and she was NOT interested. I took it sort of like I looked at potty training, there was no point in fighting her. When she was ready, she'd do it.
Well, the weather has been beautiful here lately. She's been riding her 4 wheeler mostly. But, Ryan convinced her (somehow, I wasn't out there at the time) to try again.
These 2 usually don't "battle" like she and I do. However, yesterday was different.
I guess one time Lindsey did it and she did well. So Ryan was continuing to make her do it. She almost crashed and got off and got mad. Apparently she "threw her helmet" (again, I wasn't out there, but those were Ryan's words) and had to come in to time out. Ryan gave her the speech about how you don't give up just because something is hard. You have to keep trying.
We were coming in to eat dinner and she was throwing a small fit about how hard it was. I was out there this time and telling her to just try another day. As was Ryan. They were both tired and I could tell. She decided she wanted to keep trying. I'm so glad she did!
Look at her go!
Look at her go!
2 comments:
Yay, Lindsey! I love the pictures w/ the sunset.
Jaden was kind of like this too. Same with swimming. They seem to be afraid of the unknown. Then once they do it they love it. Will she ride the big roller coasters yet? That was another test for Jaden but know he does well.
Post a Comment