10.23.2010

Fun Saturday Morning

We have been continuing our Scogin Saturday Big Breakfast. I had a new fun thing to try today, so we didn't do our usual biscuits, gravy, bacon and eggs. My super crafty friend, Angela, whom I also got the candy corn gumball machine idea from, had a very cute idea. So once again, I copied. This time, it was much more successful

We made Halloween Pancakes! The girls were excited and ready!

My first try.....

It didn't turn out right...but my 2nd try did! You should have seen Lindsey's face! It was so cute! I probably made the same one, I was as excited as the girls were! How cute is that?!
Then they of course had to make their own!

Whitney of course wanted in on the action. She just enjoyed eating the first one that messed up!
Her excitement when we flipped the one she made all by herself!
We were running low on orange (because I messed up 2 at first) and I had no more pancake mix. Therefore, Ryan convinced Courtney to make hers green. Of course she didn't care! It is blurry, but you can see how excited she was for hers too!
I love it! Yes, Ryan made a sad faced pumpkin. What in the world? Courtney didn't like that part of it!
Then I started "playing" and made a ghost. Cute....but you have to be careful how big you make it because then it becomes hard to flip. Thus, the ghost broke, but still cute!
I tried and tried to get this to flip the right way, it won't...but you get the idea. (the girls did the green and it was dripping all over....
Remember that big pancake that she started with....(she'd already had a bowl of oatmeal)

Then we went outside to ride bikes. Surprise surprise, Whitney wanted to climb on Courtney's bike. Ryan put her on and pushed her around. She didn't have good balance on it, so I went and grabbed the tricycle. She thought she was BIG STUFF! Courtney was excited to help! She's such a good sister--big and little!


It was a great Saturday morning. Now the windows are open. Hogs are on. Great day! I'm so thankful for these days with my sweet family!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Looks like a fun day! Love the Halloween pancakes!

Katie said...

How cute!