I'm not one to just "bite off" a craft or cute idea I see on another blog. However, when I saw this and how cute (and easy) it was I had to try it! I just love it for some reason! I was trying to think of something cute to do for Lindsey's and Courtney's teachers so I thought this would be the perfect thing. How adorable. I saw it here, on my friend Angela's blog. She's super crafty, but again, this was easy. Right?
I went to the store and got enough supplies for my friend Erin and Sherry to tackle this with me. It was going to be a fun morning thing to do. (I have more pics of the process, but after you read this you will know why they really are irrelevant). We decided on Thursday morning. So, after we got the kids dropped off, we headed to Erin's to get started. I had all the supplies except for the candy corn.
We get the flower pots, "lids" and balls out on newspaper on her sidewalk.
We start spray painting. We finish and go inside to let them dry.
We check on them. They are not quite dry and we are seeing some spots where the pots have absorbed the paint. So we do another coat of paint.
Angela said she had to sand the "lids" but not the pots. We decided to just start and see what happened....
So we go check on the paint. Again, still sticky, seeing spots that it looks like we have hardly painted. The balls are dry. So we hot glue them on, spray again. By this time it is mid morning and we realize this is not going to be finished anytime soon.
Sherry leaves to go run her errands and such.
I leave to go get Courtney at school and Erin and I decided we'd do lunch and then they will be dry. Of course. It is a beautiful day. No reason for them not to be dry.
After lunch, I go by her house to finish them while she goes to Wal-Mart. I have to call her, "ummmm, Erin. They aren't dry." "Really?!" Nope.
I have to make soup for Parent Teacher Conferences. So I have to go home because by now it is 2:00!
I go home. Erin moves them to the shade, maybe that will help them dry.
That night Erin thinks they are dry. Friday we are both busy and don't get to do anything on our craft. Saturday was Whitney's birthday party (see post below) and I was busy all day. Erin was as well.
Today I was sitting outside and here comes Erin, Beau in the stroller, Evan riding his bike, and she's carrying my finished craft:
We get the flower pots, "lids" and balls out on newspaper on her sidewalk.
We start spray painting. We finish and go inside to let them dry.
We check on them. They are not quite dry and we are seeing some spots where the pots have absorbed the paint. So we do another coat of paint.
Angela said she had to sand the "lids" but not the pots. We decided to just start and see what happened....
So we go check on the paint. Again, still sticky, seeing spots that it looks like we have hardly painted. The balls are dry. So we hot glue them on, spray again. By this time it is mid morning and we realize this is not going to be finished anytime soon.
Sherry leaves to go run her errands and such.
I leave to go get Courtney at school and Erin and I decided we'd do lunch and then they will be dry. Of course. It is a beautiful day. No reason for them not to be dry.
After lunch, I go by her house to finish them while she goes to Wal-Mart. I have to call her, "ummmm, Erin. They aren't dry." "Really?!" Nope.
I have to make soup for Parent Teacher Conferences. So I have to go home because by now it is 2:00!
I go home. Erin moves them to the shade, maybe that will help them dry.
That night Erin thinks they are dry. Friday we are both busy and don't get to do anything on our craft. Saturday was Whitney's birthday party (see post below) and I was busy all day. Erin was as well.
Today I was sitting outside and here comes Erin, Beau in the stroller, Evan riding his bike, and she's carrying my finished craft:
.jpg)
1 comments:
Ok, you are hilarious. I was wondering why I didn't get to see your finished product that same day. I wonder if it was the type of paint you used??? Oh well... SO cute. You guys did awesome. I love mine. We already need to replenish the candy corn.
Post a Comment