So I took my girls to my parents' house on Thursday night. I stayed there as well and then had a playday with Martha, Cole, Caroline, Ashley, Addelyn and Nik. It was so fun. It made me miss living there. We were outside and the kiddos were on the swing set and between us there were 6 kiddos (full swing set) and 1 of Ashley's was at school or there would have been 7! Crazy! It was a lot of fun! We had lunch with them and then headed back to Honey and Granddad's house for naptime. When Honey and Granddad got home I headed back to Greenwood. It was a quiet drive, but very nice! I got to listen to something other than Veggietales! That was nice in itself!
Then on Sat. Ryan and I went to the Bulldog Diner (small hometown place here in town) for breakfast. We have been there for dinner several times, but never breakfast. When we were in college we would often go to breakfast at Village Inn before a Razorback game, so that is what we did since we were "living it up" without kids! We didn't go too crazy. Then we just hung out and watched the Razorback game...or Razorback slaughtering I should say. Not so much fun!
Ryan and I had gone out on a date Friday night at Chili's (surprise surprise!) and then played mini-golf! So much fun! He won, but it was close! So Saturday night (my birthday) he said we were going to go to a place downtown called Varsity. We've been there a few times to eat and each time we say that we should come there more often! Just a fun place. So I didn't think much about it, but just thankful he had planned a date...but really a surprise party at Varsity! We walked in and there were 6 couple friends waiting for us there sitting at the table! It was so much fun. Even better that my husband had gone to such efforts to do something for my 30th! He even ordered a cookie cake!! So much fun. I got some silly cards and nice small gifts from some friends. It was perfect. I'm waiting on pictures from a friend and I will post them when I get them, but for now it is just the story! :)
Sunday morning my 10th grade girls asked if we could go to Sonic during class...we've done this once before! So we did our lesson (thankfully it was short) and loaded up for Sonic! They are so funny! I love them!
This is Courtney at a Greenwood Girls Volleyball game! Yes, volleyball game! I had NEVER been to one of these before, but over half of my 10th grade class plays on the team, so I started going to the games. The girls like it, it isn't crowded, they run around and it is a fun break for all of us! It is amazing to watch them. I knew I wasn't good at volleyball, but I'm TERRIBLE (after watching them!) for sure!
Here is a shot of them after the game! I was practicing using my new camera that I got for my birthday!!!!
Yes, I got a new camera for my birthday! I got a Nikon D60! I have loved it! I don't know much about how to use it, but I'm going to learn some basics! I am not interested in becoming a professional, but want to know how to use the camera features the best that I can!! So, I've asked my photographer friend, Julie (I have several I'm sure that could teach me a thing or 2) to show me some basics, so one of these MDO days when it is nice outside, I'm going to get some lessons!! I'm excited!
That has all been the "Busy Busy" part of my title! Now to the "Hurry Hurry" part.... We as moms post all of our children's "first" on our fridge, brag about them to our friends, type them on our blogs, etc. So why not put a first for me on here right? And have a picture of it hanging on the fridge....
You guessed right! A speeding ticket! Oh my gosh! It finally happened, Mom and Dad! They fondly refer to me as "Nascar" sometimes! It's all in love I'm sure! :) I like to get places in a hurry I guess, not sure why. However, I have NEVER had a speeding ticket (or any other kind for that matter that I can think of) in my LIFE! The ironic thing too is that my license expired on my birthday (Sat.) and I went Tuesday morning to get it renewed! That afternoon is when I was pulled over by a lovely State Trooper! He was not mean, but surely not nice! I tried to joke that at least I had renewed my license this morning after it had expired over the weekend, and he didn't have much to say about that! I guess it was bound to happen sometime. I was on the phone with my friend Alecia and had NO idea how fast I was going. I was just driving along to get Courtney at MDO! So as he handed me the ticket he said, "I suggest you stay off your cell phone maam so you can pay attention to your speed." OK! I'll get right on that...as I pulled away with the cell phone to my ear calling Ryan!
That has all been the "Busy Busy" part of my title! Now to the "Hurry Hurry" part.... We as moms post all of our children's "first" on our fridge, brag about them to our friends, type them on our blogs, etc. So why not put a first for me on here right? And have a picture of it hanging on the fridge....
6 comments:
I'm laughing about your cell phone to the ear after your ticket! haha I can't wait to give you some "lessons". :) It will be fun, fun, fun! Jeff and I have been having breakfast lately too and it has been nice.
Oh rats!
Busted! Too funny! I'd love to hear what Ryan had to say.
P.S. Again, not "dr. nick" here. Please invite me to join, too, so I don't have to live incognito behind "dr. nick". :o)
I love the sweet floral magnet..it adds a nice touch and softens the blow. Glad you had a nice b-day.
You know I'm lovin' the picture of you and your beautiful girls at Sonic! Did you notice my subtle reference to you in my blog about 'see ya the pole'? :) May God continue to bless you as you minister to them!
(...Even though you broke the law... gosh, Sharon!)
Post a Comment