*READ YESTERDAY'S POST FIRST IF YOU HAVE NOT!
So since these things are apparently not child proof, we had to be smarter than the plastic door knob! Luckily we were! Ha! Do you notice the difference? The rubber circles are cut out of the plastic! Yes, since Courtney could EASILY (very easily I should say!) open the door even with this contraption on there, we had to figure out something.
So we cut out the part with the rubber on it! It worked!! Since there was no "gripper" there for her to find, it just spins and spins when she tries to open it. She has not figured out to put her little fingers in there to turn the actual knob yet, but it has only been one night! She did try to get up at 12:45 last night! We heard her cry and then try to open the doors. She cried, but not for long (thank goodness!) It was a weird feeling to listen to her and wonder what she was feeling. Trapped, locked in, scared, etc. I don't know. But thankfully it didn't last long at all!!
4 comments:
Great idea! I give Courtney 24 hours and she'll have it figured out!
I was going to suggest that you turn the doorknob around and lock her in, but maybe we shouldn't cause the psychological damage....
I do think that being a parent brings out a new creativity in us...we have to keep up with those busy, wise little minds. :) I will be curious to see how long this lasts :)
Reba
Aww, little Courtney! Jenna always got out of her bed too. She wanted to be wherever we were. :) We just let her get in with us and "snuggle buggle".
Post a Comment