9.20.2008

30, Really?

So today I'm 30! Wow! It really doesn't bother me. When I was 28 and had a double stroller I felt old, not cool, etc. So today is just another Sat. for me, just the "official" day that I crossed over to the world of being in my 30's! So in light of this day, I thought I would copy a friend of mine and write 30 things I'm thankful for and/or love! In no particular order here they are:

1. My husband working so I can stay home--this really is #1!
2. My girls and how different they are!
3. Getting a pedicure.
4. My laptop.
5. Sonic Diet Vanilla Cokes
6. The Razorbacks (it takes a true fan to say that today!)
7. My best friend for years and years...Martha!
8. Having "close" friends all the way from Oregon to Memphis!
9. The places we've lived...new experiences!
10. Our church.
11. Going on vacation.
12. Date nights during the week for no reason
13. Courtney saying, "I can't find you mom?" (Just because of the way she holds her hands up like she's saying 'I don't know' as she says it...so cute!)
14. My pictures that Shannon Walker took! I can't wait to see the rest.
15. Loving grandparents for my children.
16. My 10th grade Sunday School girls that have been so much fun!
17. Picking Lindsey up at school and hearing about her exciting day of playing and coloring
18. Watching Lindsey help Ryan with house stuff--mowing, washing the car, etc.
19. Hearing Lindsey and Courtney talk and have "real" conversations.
20. Listening to Courtney sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "The B-I-B-L-E"
21. Checking my friends' blogs and seeing what is going on in their lives.
22. Getting ready for my girls' birthday parties!
23. Good worship songs
24. Laying down by Courtney and her reaching over and putting her arm around my neck
25. Watching Lindsey learn to swim this summer
26. Mother's Day Out
27. Christian family heritage that has been passed down from generation to generation
28. Hearing Courtney say "Scotty" and getting excited to see her friends at church (and "Mr. Play" aka Mr. Clay, her Sunday school teacher and high school girls basketball coach. She LOVES him!)
29. Ryan talking to me about work so I can be part of his life that way
30. My house

This is just what came to mind as I sat here. I'm sure there are so many more things I could write and type about. I sit here in a very quiet house with Ryan as my girls are at my parents' house for the weekend so Ryan and I could have some time together! What a blessing!

There have been situations in my life lately that have happened and reminded me that today is such a blessing. We are not promised tomorrow, none of us. I am thankful for my family and all that they mean to me. I hope that over the next 30 years I can "train my children in the way they should go so that when they are old they will not depart from it." (not sure the reference on that Bible verse, sorry). If I have my children in heaven with me, what more can you ask for?

9 comments:

Ma said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON! You are an awesome mom and wife.

Betsy

Katie said...

Happy 30th b-day I'm right behind you!! Oh I don't know if I will take it as well as you. Awesome post.

Reba said...

Happy birthday! I am glad that you have so much to be thankful for! (I do too but I still had a hard time with 30). I hope you have a wonderful time with your husband celebrating!
Reba

Julie said...

Happy birthday! Loved your list!

Lynne Paulus said...

Happy, Happy #30 Sharon!!!! What fun to have a weekend with just Ryan! What a blessed life the Lord has given you! I thank him for giving me you as a friend! Here's to the 30's!

Alisa Berteau said...

I am so sorry to call and rub in such a bad thing on your 30th birthday of all days. I guess if I were a better friend I would have known. Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wish it would have been better.....well maybe not:) I definitely did not like my 30th. Glad you are taking it well.

Dr. Nick said...

Great list!
What a fun idea to turn birthdays that are becoming more "blah" than "yah" into a day to be thankful for the time we have here!

Dr. Nick said...

P.S. The above comment did not come from "Dr. Nick," but somehow he became the registered/invited blog reader to your blog . . . it's really Mrs. Dr. Nick commenting. :o)

Cheryl said...

Ok you cannot be 30 because that makes me feel, well... "older"!
Love your list - and happy belated birthday! :)