It all started 2 weeks ago Thursday. Ryan came home saying he'd been thinking...scary! :) Ryan gets a percentage of his gas paid for with his car package at work. He'd been driving the Montero since we got the suburban. The Montero was getting 18 miles per gallon. The suburban was getting 14/15 miles per gallon. Needless to say that with gas prices how they are, we were spending a lot on gas. Plus whenever we went somewhere as a family, we went in the suburban (not Cintas gas) since the car seats are in there. So he started thinking we should trade in the Montero (that was paid off!) and get a small car that gets good gas mileage since I'm the one driving more miles by running around with the girls or we use that car as a family.
He started shopping around and thought we would get a used Nissan Altima. He pulled into a dealership here where he saw one. They convinced him to look at a new car, Mazda 6. So he did and liked it. It was the same price as the Altima he originally was looking at, but was brand new! He told me to go look at it, pick a color, etc. So I did. I chose the silver one. It was a cute car, nothing fancy...but great gas mileage and a cute car. So we went on Friday to pick up the car. They were very nice people and very quick. Which was nice since we had the girls. We left the Montero at the dealership and drove away, the 4 of us in our new silver Mazda 6.
The windows were not tinted and we wanted them tinted. They didn't have an apointment at the place that they use until today (Tuesday) so we drove it over the weekend and it was great. We really liked it. Ryan moved the car seats around and took the new car back to the dealership today to have the windows tinted. The appt. was at 1:00, but he had some time in the morning. So he took it on over there. We met for lunch (Sorry for all the details, but they will make the story better!) here in Greenwood. As we were finishing around 12:15, his phone rang and he had a funny look on his face and in the conversation said "Are you being serious?" then ended with "I'll be there in just a little bit." He hung up and here is what he said (this is the "punch line" of the story) Brandon is the sales manager that sold us the car. Here's what Brandon told us:
I was driving your car over to California Customs (the tint place) and had an accident. I was sitting still in traffic behind a semi. Then the semi started backing up. I put it in reverse and before I knew it HE WAS ON TOP OF HOOD. (This is when Ryan said "Are you being serious?") So I've filed the police report and you all need to come up here so we can figure out what we are going to do.
So, we left lunch and drove to the dealership. There was our wrecked NEW car! I wish so badly I had my camera and had a picture. So we traded cars and now have another new car. The same car, just in a different color. It is now just a dark gray color--tungsten gray to be specific!
I had not even put the "new car" post on here yet. It has been crazy. We now have our car, tinted windows and all, to keep. It is very nice, about the size of an accord. Not loaded, but nice. Great gas mileage which is what we needed at this point. I'm excited! It is a great car!
4 comments:
Oh my! What an experience! I would like to see a picture. :) I had to switch over to a minivan about a year ago while in the midst of adopting child 4. I had to sacrifice my Honda Accord. I LOVED my Accord and miss it very much.
Reba
Sharon - that sounds like something that would happen to me!!!!!!!
You still will not get the minivan??(ha ha) I'm telling you my Toyota is like a luxery car inside and it has great gas mileage and a huge trunk. The gas is unreal it went up to $3.75 here!! Sorry about all your troubles!!
Whoa, that is crazy! Glad you were able to get it sorted out. Did you know we have that same color Mazda 6 wagon?? We LOVE that car SO much!!! We've had it a few years and have been so happy we got it! You're gonna love it! The gas will be a lot easier to swallow for sure too! Congrats!
Post a Comment