5.21.2008

Our Week in Review

We have had a busy week as this "semester" of activites comes to an end for us. Lindsey has LOVED going to Puggles. She was really old enough to go on to Awana and do Cubbies, but since she is a summer birthday and Awana is only a 2 year program (at this point we are planning on not starting her in school until she turns 6 so she will be older and not so young as she goes through school) we decided to do Puggles this year and then 2 years of Awana. She doesn't know what she's missing! :) Turns out they aren't doing Awana at our church next year, but something called KidMo? Do you know of it? I don't. But, she loved Puggles and I think it is because she is obviously bigger (and older) than these kids and she loved "mothering" them! She told me that this was her favorite class to go to. My shy (not anymore!) Lindsey was holding hands and walking like a mother hen keeping them all in a row as they walked on stage. Then when they got up there, Lizzy Kate (the girl beside her) let go of her hand and Lindsey bent over and kept saying, "Lizzy, hold my hand. Don't you want to hold my hand?" as everyone waited on her to finish "mothering" her. I don't think she realized everyone was watching. Who knows. It was precious no matter what.


Then on Sat. we had her first dance recital. She has also thouroughly enjoyed going to dance. She has a great time and really does a good job. I will post a video on a different post later. We put rollers in her hair and it turned out SOOOOO curly! I wasn't sure it even looked right, but we worked on it and it turned out very cute!
This is the bag that Honey and Granddad got her. All of the other girls, literally, in her class have been bringing a bag with their ballet and tap shoes in them each week. Lindsey just wears her ballet shoes and carries her tap shoes. Nothing wrong with that, but she said something a couple of weeks ago about wanting a bag like her friends have. So when mom asked me what she could get Lindsey I knew just the thing! As soon as she opened it she said, "It is just what I needed!" Great job! It is really cute. I'm going to have her name monogrammed on it after this week. She is going to do dance again at the same place next fall. Lindsey and her friends. Theses are girls that aren't in Lindsey's dance class, but that she knows from church. They are so funny together! I love to see her be a girl and giggle with friends!
I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful dancer! We got to put on blush, a little bit of eye shadow and lip gloss! So big! She thought that was so cool to wear makeup like Mommy! I have a girly girl for sure!
Just before she and I left for the show! I love how she put her arms around us....totally on her own! Just too cute! She is so loving and so affectionate!
This was Courtney during the show. For a little bit. She made her rounds between all of the extended family that was there. She liked watching the dancers. When she could see Lindsey she would say "Dinsey, Dinsey dance. Dinsey, Dinsey" so loud. Courtney does NOT have a quiet voice, ever, so when it was quiet in there....everyone could hear Courtney. It was cute though for sure. Granddad only had to go out with her one time for some extra entertainment.
At the end of the recital it was AMAZING what some of these over the top parents brought their girls. We didn't bring anything. Everyone was walking around with balloons, flowers, candy, etc. I didn't think Lindsey would really care or notice, but I was wrong. She asked so I sent dad out one side door and we went the long way so he could get her a balloon. She thought it was great! Way to go Granddad being sneaky!
Then on Sunday after church we headed up to the lake. It was a beautiful day and almost hot. We were hoping for our first swim, but the water had not warmed up enough yet. We dipped the girls' toes in and thought that Lindsey wanted to get in. So being the good Daddy that he is, Ryan jumped into this FREEZING water and then Lindsey decided against getting in the water. Oh well, it was fun!

Ryan was laying out and so I told him to flex! :) I didn't put that picture on here. Anyway, we told Lindsey to and this is what she did! TOO cute!

For those of you that were left hanging with my lost diamond earring. The story would have been different if I had typed this an hour ago. Ryan had a golf tournament in NWA today. He went by the boat storage and searched and FOUND.MY.EARRING! Can you believe that? He said it was between the seat and the console where Courtney and I were sitting! It was in a small crack and he had to go borrow a screw driver from the office lady and take the seat off! I don't even know exactly what he means...but I don't care! When he told me he was going to go look I just said ok. Never dreaming it was there. I don't know why I had no hope. Anyway, I just prayed that IF it was there, that God would lead him to it and he would see it! Praise the Lord! God cares about every detail of our lives. I'm so thankful!

1 comments:

Katie said...

These pictures are so cute. I'm sad I wasn't able to see Lindsey grow in Puggles this year. I'm glad she enjoyed the program. Also glad you found your diamond earring. That sort of thing bugs me so bad, I'm still looking for a few things I have lost.