I am in need of a new quiet time, Bible study, book, etc. I want something to challenge me, but also something that is very relevant to my life and very applicable. I have been struggling in finding something. I decided to "re-do" Power of a Praying Wife and it has been good to guide me in my prayer life, but I know I need to be "in the Word" more and have such a hard time finding a good study/book. So if you have done or are doing something you like, can you pass it along to me?
Just FYI...several of you have asked so--I had an interview at church for the job last week. There are 2 others that applied and as of last night they had not made a decision and are supposedly hoping to have that decision made by next week. We'll just keep praying that whatever God's will is, I will follow. Thanks for your prayers and support in trying to do what God wants me to do!
5.15.2008
Any suggestions?
Posted by Sharon at 3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! I'm praying for you and the job situation. I have a few studies I'd be happy to let you borrow. I never write in my study books, I use a notebook, so they haven't been written in. They are the Becoming a Woman of...series. Becoming a Woman of prayer, becoming a woman of grace, etc. I've enjoyed them. Let me know if you are interested. Also I loved purpose driven life. And i have heard wonderful things about the book "captivating", it has a study guide along with it too.
BSF www.bsfinternational.org They have a day class and a night class in FS. Your kids can go once they are two. It runs during the school year. It has changed they way I study the Bible, has stretched me, and kept me accountable. My kids LOVE IT!!! It has been SOOO worth it. I drive 40 minutes to go. They teach them the same thing I am learning on their level. My mom goes to the evening class. We just studied the book of Matthew. In the fall we are doing to life of Moses (Exodus, etc.).
Post a Comment