5.10.2008

Candid Camera

All I can say is I must be on that show! Seriously! Do NOT continue reading (for the sake of the story) if you have not read about our new car story first, click here. If you know that crazy story then keep reading this one.

Today Ryan and I decided we would move Lindsey to a double bed in order to move Courtney to her big girl bed. I decided that I wanted to also paint one of her walls pink, so we headed out a little later than what would have been good, but ended up fine. We were taking 2 cars so he could put the mattresses in his suburban (good reason to have one!) and then I'd take my car w/the girls to get the bedding. Then we'd come home and get started. So I headed out a little before he did so the girls could get some lunch and eat it on the way. I was still in Greenwood, probably 4 miles from our house, in bad, Sat. Greenwood traffic (my big city friends are laughing I'm sure!). It is bad considering it is the only road in/out of town. That is what makes it bad.

Ok, back to the story. I was stopped at a light in the traffic, on the phone with Ryan figuring out our for sure plan. When WHAM! I was rear ended. Let me say that agian with emphasis I WAS REAR ENDED IN MY NEW CAR THAT ONLY HAS 100 MILES TOTAL ON IT! Yes, the "new new" car as we call it around here. I was furious! Can you imagine!? The girl just wasn't paying attention and literally RAMMED us so hard! Luckily we were not hurt and my car wasn't hurt that bad, but will for sure need work done. The girls were fine. Courtney didn't even know anything had happened. Lindsey's first words were "I dropped my shoe." It was in that panic voice like her shoe had fallen to the deep, dark pit of the earth and we were never getting it back! So annoying! Then she said "Did our car break?" So I told her yes, but we could still drive it, someone crashed us and we were fine. So I of course told Ryan to come immediately to help with the girls and the dealings with the cops, etc. It wasn't a big deal, wasn't hard, just so frustrating and time consuming when we were already running late.

The girl's car was badly damaged and mine was not nearly as bad. Her hood was bent way up and had to be bungeed down so she could drive it. It looked like it wasn't even in the same accident as mine. Way to go Mazda!

After all of that was done the girls and I headed to Sonic, then to Fort Smith to get Lindsey's new bedding. Ryan got the mattresses and we got it all fixed! It is so cute! Pictures coming soo!

Top that story! But turn the camera's off please, I'm tired of all the drama.

I love our car, but apparently it doesn't love me. :) It is great and just what we needed. We already have the Denali that I LOVE and is great with TONS of room for trips. More "luxury" than we need for sure, but great none the less. Perfect for vacations, but since we are finished having kids, I didn't need a car with a lot of room to just go from here to there! So when we were searching for a car for me, we were looking for something small, not expensive and something we could pay off quickly! It is a fun car to "buzz around" in and looks cute too!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I just sent you an email about this. We saw you today, as we were going to Booneville with the dune buggies. I wanted to stop, but I saw Ryan was with you and the girls seemed okay. Your poor new, new car! AHHH!! I'm glad you are okay and no one was hurt.

Ma said...

Sharon,

Whenever I need to go car shopping...no offense....but please stay as far away from me as possible! :)

Betsy

P.S. You WILL laugh about this some day!

Alecia said...

Oh My Goodness! I hate that, but it is kinda funny...:)