I don't have much to really blog about. So, I thought I'd share what God has been doing in my heart and life. A few weeks ago my friend Martha and I were talking about how we so badly wished we could find something to do from home to make extra money but also to give us something more to do. Let me skip back to about a year ago when I considered applying for the Preschool Director's position at church. This is something that I really thought God might be calling me to, but never felt a true peace about it. That time passed and the position was filled and I never looked back. Ok, back on to the now...last week I found out that the MDO Director position at our church was going to be open. Just as the Preschool position was appealing to me, this one was even more. This is a job that in my mind would be perfect for me to do as my girls were back in school, but before I was ready to go back to full time teaching. I thought about it a lot over the weekend after hearing about it and then it was in the bulletin at church on Sunday.
So I prayed about it on Sunday and Monday. As I woke up on Monday morning I was wanting to really seek God (whatever that really means w/o sounding churchy) about what I should do. I have been reading "Power of a Praying Wife" as the major source of my quiet time. I didn't feel like that would really speak to me about what I should do, but wasn't sure how to really go about reading the Bible to find out what I should do. So I just prayed and then read the book... amazing how God can use a book that I'm reading to pray for Ryan to speak to me.
As I opened the book to pray the first sentence was "Lord, show Ryan the call you have upon his life." I thought of the new "call" I felt like God might be leading me to. Interesting. Then as I kept reading it went on to say "If God calls us, He enables us." Then the verses were talking about how God gives us all gifts that we are to use for Him. I called my mom and asked her to pray for me to have clarity on whether or not this was something that I should do. As I was telling her she said to me "you have just seemed really restless to me the past few weeks." Which is just ironic to me since I have been...dare I say it...bored a lot of days lately. I just was sort of amazed that my mom was even able to pick up on that frustration of mine even without me saying anything.
So I decided to talk to the girl at church that was now in charge. After talking to her and Ryan and considering the little amount of money I could make PLUS not having to pay for all of the childcare at church (we were going to have to pay $100 more a month next year!) it just seemed right to pursue it and see where God leads.
I'm super excited to see if this is something God has for me to do. I feel like this is something I am ver interested in and would like to do very much. I feel like God has used several things in my life lately to point me to doing something and if this is what it is then that is great. If God is using this experience to teach me something and lead me somewhere else I am fine with that too.
I'm just asking you to pray for God's guidance and direction as I seek to do what HE wants me to do.
5.01.2008
Job?
Posted by Sharon at 7:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will pray for you and this decision. Keep me posted. Love you and miss you!
Praying for you Sharon. I have felt like this many times. It is good that you have put a lot of prayer in it. If it is meant to be then it will happen. I often feel bored sometimes too, even though I have a ton of work to do. It is nice to have a outlet and some extra fun money. The only advice I have for you is that everyone tells me how fast time goes with your kids, so enjoy your time with them. I will be praying for you.
I'm excited for you! I'll be praying for you and that God will give you peace about it. Also, you don't sound "churchy". You are a woman of faith. You are God's child. he WANTS us to seek Him in everything we do. That is nothing to be ashamed of or apologize for. You are being obedient. And a great example. I'm happy to have a friend like you.
I am excited to see where this is headed for you! I know you would do a great job! I pray that God will give you wisdom.
Reba
Sharon,
So exciting when you can specifically see where God is working in your life! I will pray for you for clairty and peace in making this decision. Keep me updated on the outcome. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Post a Comment