5.11.2008

I cried

I didn't think I would. But I did. We moved Courtney to her "big girl" bed today. As Ryan and Bill (his step-dad) took down the baby bed it hit me. Even this morning as I was telling a friend that it was our plan to do that today, I said it didn't bother me and I wasn't that mom that it was that "centimental" about stuff. I don't think that was it. With all the chaos, Courtney didn't want to take a nap. I think it was because she somehow knew that we still had company. So I left her in there for a little while. Then let her get up. She got VERY cranky after being tired from church, company and not having a nap. I laid her down at 4:30 for a VERY late nap. She went right to sleep. We woke her up so she'd go to bed like normal. She did. She's a great sleeper, just like Lindsey was and is. She always talks and sings herself to sleep and she's in there just talking and singing now. I was just watching my baby in her big bed and couldn't fight the tears. She was talking to her bear saying "lay on the piddow (pillow). night night." Then she sang "This little piggy went to market" to bear. She didn't say anything until she said "Weee weeee weee weeee...home." (this was in a very much higher pitched tone than the other words she was saying as well.) So cute! I just sat in the girls' bathroom and cried as I listened to my baby be so big (fighting tears now as I think about it).

As it is now, no more baby beds here. Ryan and I were talking as Lindsey ate supper and Courtney took a bath. He said, "Well, we have a king, queen, double and twin size beds all in our house now!" So funny to think about. Not to even mention the crib still here...or the bassinett! Our babies are getting big. They are so much fun. I enjoy them so much.

We redid Lindsey's room and I love it. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I thought I knew what bedding and colors I wanted to do in Courtney's but sort of have had a chage of heart today for some reason. So I will shop around and see what I find that I like...

Happy Mother's Day! This will be a memorable one for me. My baby grew up...

3 comments:

Reba said...

Happy Mother's Day! Yes, it is hard to watch that baby bed get put away. In fact, with Lauren, she cried about as much as I did...she loved her crib. (Hard to believe when I watch her, almost 7, turning cartwheels all over our house :) Be careful about being "done" with kids...I think I said that after two. :)
Reba

Katie said...

Yeah, we said we were done too, a long time ago!! God can really work on your heart and emotions. Wait till you take Lindsay to Kindergarten signing up and testing. It is reality that your child is growing up. I just get more and more sentimental as time goes on. Knowing that this won't last forever and one day I will in fact be kind of lonely. Happy Mothers Day!

Dr. Nick said...

Okay, so you made me cry! It is so hard to see all these milestones go by . . . Sniff! Sniff!
-Mischelle