11.22.2012

Smith Thanksgiving

 We hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my family at our house on Thanksgiving Day.  Ryan gets a Turkey from Cintas, so we used that and Ryan fried it for us!  He injected it with seasoning the night before. So yummy!  I'm thankful he does this because I wouldn't know how to cook it!



 Then we had our annual Thanksgiving play!  The usual Squanto and Mrs. Squanto

 Courtney was ALLL fired up about it this year because she could read her own part.  So she started us off!  She was ready!
 It took some convincing this year to get Lindsey in her "costume" but once we were all ready she was too!  I think its only just begun.  She was "too cool" and had to act like she wasn't excited.
 Helping Whitney with her part.  She wouldn't repeat it, but wanted to stand on the stage!
 Ryan being Ryan and overdoing his part.  I know that shocks some of you, but he really is funny when he wants to be and he's sweet to "turn it on" for mom and she loves it of course!


Everyone participates....even Grangrad.  The big girls wanted 2 parts, so Honey cut hers and gave them each part.  So she was just a spectator this year....but of course she dressed the part!
 My sweet pilgrim girl!  She was so sweet to help Honey get it all ready!


Our pilgrim family. :)
 The grandparent pilgrims and grandchildren!
 The turkey was ready soon after the play was finished!  YUMMY!  We had a huge spread but I didn't get a pic.  We were hungry and ready to eat!
 Lindsey really wants to take piano lessons and I would love for her to do that, but right now our schedule just doesn't work for another activity. I asked Taylor if he wanted to teach her and he said he wouldn't be good at that!  He taught her "chopsticks" though and she thought that was really cool!
 Family pic, squeezing Ryan in and Whitney at the same time can be a chore!

We have so much to be thankful for.  One thing I started this year is to have a Thanksgiving table cloth that you write on every year.  So then when you take it out each year you are reminded what you were thankful for.  Each year you just add to it!  It was fun to think about looking back!  Wish I had gotten a picture, but I didn't!





0 comments: