I have been asking Courtney's teacher about helping in her classroom. She had a time I could come, so Grangrad came down and hung out with Whitney! She loves her Grangrad! I got to pull kids and play a game with beginning sounds. Courtney loved having me there which made me feel special. She loved it so much that when I left she wouldn't let go and was crying. I hope that it will get better and I can do things like that more often.
Then I had a little break and I went down to Lindsey's classroom to read. They do a thing called "Mystery Reader" every week. Miss Mitchell asks for clues about yourself and she shares one each day. Then you come on Friday and read a book to them. It was kinda surreal being in a classroom on this side of it and just getting to read and leave. Lindsey said she kinda thought it was me but wasn't sure. It was fun watching her with her friends in her class.
Of course a silly picture is only appropriate with 8 year olds!
Then it was their turn to perform.....Miss Mitchell is FUN to say the very very least. I think she's good for Lindsey to bring out the fun side of learning and reminding Lindsey to loosen up sometimes. They have dance breaks and she has taught them some classics like: the lawn mower, the mashed potato, the shopping cart, the sprinkler, running man and others I'm sure. A lot of the boys were doing the worm on the carpet....
Then Miss Mitchell showed off her skills of doing the worm forwards and backwards!!! (did I mention this is her first year?!) She's obviously lots of fun! She does a great job of getting things done when they need to and taking a break so they can have a fun classroom! I can honesty say that I never did the worm for my students when I was a teacher...nor have I done it otherwise! Ha!
My big 2nd grader! She was happy to have me there so I'm going to cherish those moments...I know before too many more years I'll be "embarrassing" and she won't want me to be there! :(
Lindsey brought this home last week and it's one I will cherish forever. She's describing her family. it is precious!
This post literally is my dream job. Even when I was a teacher as much as I loved it, I wanted to be "one of those moms" who was able to be at the school, volunteer in the classroom, be around for my kids to see and just be part of their school life as a mom. I truly am living the dream and am so thankful that I'm able to do this right now!
0 comments:
Post a Comment