11.08.2012

Whitney and Elliott

 Whitney is going through random phases at school of loving it and then crying when I leave.  Who knows.  Her teachers and I can't figure out a patter.  Her teacher sent me this one day and said "guess who's having a great day"  So sweet!

 They took school pictures and I didn't buy any....can you see why?

 Bless her heart.  I can see her face "why in the world am putting my hand on this tire swing and on my hip?" Ha ha ha!  Luckily I just had their pictures made with Lauren Ames so I'm confident in my decision to not buy these!  However, they were too classic not to document!
 Elliott had a major accident at school...he busted his head open and had to get 7 stitches.  Just for memories sake here's the story....I got a call from the director when I was in Sam's shopping.  She asked if I usually picked him up and told her yes.  She then said, "We have an emergencey and I can't get ahold of his mom or dad.  He has a big gash on his head, do you want to meet us at the ER?" I'm thinking...WHAT?! Oh.my.gosh!  So I say no, I'll come there.  I try to get ahold of Katherine and she doesn't answer and I don't know the name of her office.  So I google Athletes Plus (their PT place) and get ahold of Chris and tell him what I know.  I stay on the phone with him while he gets in the car to come to the school.  I walk in and see Elliott in his teachers arms with ice on his head and 3 adults standing around him.  They uncover it and I could have put my finger in his skin it was so deep.  He ran into a corner and literally just split his head open!
 I hold him until Chris comes.  In the mean time Katherine calls me and bless her heart is obviously histarical.  She is driving to the school.  Once Chris is there though, we decided she should meet us at the ER.  I drove Chris and Elliott to the ER and we stayed there.  Katherine wasn't far behind us.  I stayed until I went to get the school kids because Katherine usually does afternoon carpool.  I brought Evan to my house and Katherine came to pick him up later when they finished with Elliott's stitches.
This is the next morning, when they brought him to my house as they normally would on Thursdasy.  They left that day for a surprise trip to Katherine from Chris (to LA).  Elliott was totally normal and running around!  Thank goodness he was fine and doesn't even really know what happened at this point!  Sweet sweet boy...you were my first trip to the ER!

0 comments: