Our first big "moving on" announcement is: COURTNEY IS POTTY TRAINED! It came at a crazy time--while we were in Florida! Ha! I just think that is hilarious! She one day after being in her swimsuit was "naked booty" (as she likes to call herself) and told me she needed a diaper on. I just flippantly said, "why don't you go to the potty?" .....and she DID! So we all got excited, made a big deal about it and wondered what this would lead to! Sure enough, we "left the diapers in Florida for the babies there" (as we told her) and haven't looked back. We did put her in a diaper for the car ride home, which she didn't think much about. But once we got here, she hasn't had a diaper on other than bedtimes/naptimes! The pooping issue was harder, which is normal and was with L too. So I would let her put a diaper on with that, but she would ask for the diaper for that reason so I knew it wouldn't be long. Yesterday we were going to be home all day and I stuck it out and told her she wasn't getting a diaper to poop in. She knew she got a "prize" once she went in the potty so we took off to Wal-Mart yesterday and this is what she picked! She's loving Strawberry Shortcake right now and thinks this is great! No turning back...we get a break from diapers for 7 weeks! We haven't not bought diapers for 5+ years!!! Here is the other "moving on" that has been going on. Ryan and Lindsey took down the twin bed that was in the baby's room! It looks so weird now! For some reason that room has been an emotional spot for me. Not because I'm so sad Courtney is out, not because I don't want this baby, but just emotional--hormones I guess! I'm so excited to be moving forward and getting this room ready. We are going to paint the walls neutral color for now. I have the bedding ready and we are borrowing a crib this weekend!
8.13.2009
Moving on
Posted by Sharon at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ohhhhhh I so can't wait to meet this little one. Can you believe that God has its days all planned out? That he cherishes this little one as much as He does Lindsey or Courtney? That always blows me away. God is good. You do know as SOON as you are settled and I am coming over and just rocking that little sweetie for hours....
Post a Comment