8.24.2009

First Day

I have a big birthday weekend to blog about, but it will take me a while with all the pictures I have! Today is a big day too...Lindsey started Preschool! She is going to a place here in Greenwood called Preschool Extroidinaire! I have heard great things and each time I've been it looks like a perfect place for Lindsey to be! I'm thrilled that we are able to send her to school there! This is her at home, just before we left.

Today was so exciting! Lindsey was excited and so was I! I wasn't really emotional because I was ready for her new adventure and she was too! I sort of had a lump in my throat, but nothing big. One thing I wanted to do was to say "school prayers" like my friend Erin told me that they did with their boys. I wasn't sure how the girls would act or what they would think, but when I told them they got quiet. I wasn't sure what to pray. I just prayed for L to have a good day, to have fun, make friends and be safe. When I said "amen" my precious angel in her most sweet voice said, "thank you mom." Oh my word! That lump immediately turned to tears filling my eyes. Not sad tears, but precious daughter happy tears! All I could think was "dry it up!" You don't want to walk in looking like you are upset, because you aren't! Ahhhh! Then Courtney said, "mommy, will you pray for me on my school day?" ahhhh...make them stop the sweetness, my heart and hormones can't handle it!
It was a great reminder of how even at their young age they know the importance of prayer. It made my day to pray for her and it made her day to know that I was praying for her! How special! I need to be better about praying for my girls! Thank you Jesus for who they are!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! My boys count on our "school prayers". If we start getting close to N. Main and I haven't started yet they are VERY quick to remind me. I LOVE it that they expect and look forward to that time in the morning!

Sherry Drennan said...

Precious! Made me get teary! We pray everyday on the way to school. We have all of them repeat after us then we have 3 songs we sing. We always start with "This is the Day that the Lord has made". Yep, we even make Daks sing them too! Makes for a better day when we remember that!

Beaubecky said...

That is awesome! What a sweet moment!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

That brought tears to my eyes too! Such sweet girls! And you are a great mommy for instilling that in them at such a young age! :)