8.18.2009

Baby Shower for Tres

(TONS of pictures on this post, just warning you!)

Last night was such a blessing! I honestly don't know what else to say about it. My friends here in Greenwood have become so special to me. There was a time when I could "take or leave" Greenwood, but I'm afraid I'm past that point! These girls that were part of this shower last night are precious! Thank you so much for making me feel loved and for a fun night with all of you!


Ok, here is the "table" with the food! See...even if you aren't finding out, you can make it cute! They went with the red, black and white theme since that is what we will do the nursery in! How cute! You can't go wrong with polka dots either! I don't know why this is the only picture I took. Silly me!! It looked cute and tasted YUMMY! Here is Honey and I before the shower!
This is my friend Lesli! She and I were practically attached at the hip my masters year of school. We were interns together and did our masters paper together! She is from Fort Smith and moved back here a few years before I did. So when we found out we were moving here, she is one of the first people I called! She was also pregnant when I moved here--so she has a little boy 2 months older than Courtney. I'm so glad she came and got to meet some of my Greenwood friends that have heard about my Fort Smith friend, Lesli! :) Ha!


Presents---before my girls got ahold of all of them!


Here comes the madness....seriously! Courtney would pull out the tissue paper and literally THROW it somewhere, anywhere it would land and not even look back. She would even do this with the "contents" of the bag!



Notice Courtney's boots! NO, that is not what she left our house in! There was a friends' little boy who wore those and apparently Courtney liked them, so she put them on and wore them the rest of the night!



What a precious picture this is!


My sister in law, Miah, Megan and MawMaw (Ryan's mom Cynda) drove down! I almost felt bad that they did, but I was so glad they came and got to see our friends and have a chance to see the girls!


Sweet sweet friends!
Sarah, Jessica, Shaina-her daughter lauren, Lindsey

Tamara, Erin
Honey and Lesli
My neighbors!! Julie and Tonya
Julie and Sherry
This is my friend Erin! She is due exactly a month after me! She is having her 3rd boy!
Honey was sweet and brought the "big sisters" something to have as their own! They were thrilled and wanted to eat ALL of the candy right away!
My friend Katie! She and I have gotten to be very good friends. If you read this blog much and have seen Scotty, Courtney's friend, this is Scotty's mom!
We realized we had not taken a "hostess" picture and 2 had already gone, but here I am with Katie and Mischelle! Mischelle is a great friend and our kids play together a lot! Her daughter Abi is one of the first friends Lindsey had here! The shower was at her house (most usually are!). She has a perfect set up and lots of room. She is always so kind and so generous to open her home and work hard for the showers that we do for each other! (she's also a master cake maker! I'm sad I didn't take a picture of it!)

Here is the "loot" all in the baby's room last night! Ryan unloaded it all to here and the girls and I will sort through it today! Lindsey asked me as soon as she came to my room if we could "put up the baby's toys and stuff." She is her mother's child!

Last night was a big reality! Sounds silly at 32 weeks pregnant, but at the same time we haven't really gotten much "ready" for a baby around here! Yes I feel it move. Yes my belly is pretty much HUGE. Yes we have a crib. However, having all of these baby things in our house and having a baby shower makes it so real!
All I can say is THANK YOU a million times! I truly feel so blessed!

4 comments:

the alder boys said...

It was so fun!! Thanks again for inviting me! And I'm so glad I made your blog!! heehee

The Junods said...

How cute and fun!!!!!! What a treat to have such a great shower on #3! Those babies are just as important :) I can't believe the time is upon us!! Let us know when you set the date for sure. Your friends look so cute. I bet I've heard all their names...I wanted to match the faces with names. Label up girl :) Love you and please know you're on the prayer list!

Erin said...

It was SO fun! I can't to meet Skeet!!

Ginger said...

You look really cute! I can't wait to see if baby #3 is a boy or a girl?