Wow! I can't even really write anything because I can't put pictures with it. Some of the things, memories and priceless times with our family can not even be put into pictures and words! All I can say is that our trip started out rocky...of course! But, it has been a BLAST!!! I really believe that Lindsey is at a perfect age for her to be here! She still believes that these characters are so real and that Mickey and Minnie really live in the houses that we walked through. So priceless. I can't begin to write everything. I wanted to update every night for all 2 of my bloggers waiting with bated breath to read about our trip! Ha! But, the internet is NOT free here and so we got it tonight so Ryan could do his fantasy football and I could get my "fix" of internet time! So here is a VERY VERY brief summary so far...
Wed: went to Tulsa, stayed in the 3rd hotel we went to after having reservations, but unable to stay at that hotel...no running water! :)
Thurs: 2 flights, both went well. Neither girl slept AT ALL! I left the ENTIRE set of DVDs that we own on the 2nd flight, so we have only ONE to go all the way home with! PRAY they somehow show up in Orlando at Baggage Claim lost and found before Monday at 11:45! :) Oh, and I had to ask another mom for a diaper b/c somehow ALL of the diapers (entire package that I brought) ended up on the non-carry on bags! Yes, I walked the aisle looking for a mom of a somewhat close to a 2 year old b/c not only did I not have diapers and her's was full...she then POOPED! Did she KNOW I didn't have a diaper for the 2 hour flight and we were only 10 min. into it?! Seriously!? This was BEFORE I lost the DVDs! Nice! #1 mom award right here for sure!
We arrived fine, very neat hotel/resort. Nothing to type about other than we got here! :)
Thurs. night dinner with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale (the chipmunks...nothing exciting!) Ha!!
Very fun. Courtney did NOT like Pluto, but loved Mickey!
Fri: Magic Kingdom ALL DAY LONG! Very fun, meeting characters, riding Dumbo, tea cups and the train! Fun times!
Sat: Epcot in the AM--neat aquarium and Nemo ride for the girls, rode the spaceship earth ride in the big Epcot ball, then had lunch with the princesses! OH.MY.GOSH! We met and talked to Cinderella! WOW! I want to just capture that expression and excitement on my girls' face! Ryan so does not get it. I feel like a little girl too! As I walked out I tried to think about what was so "neat" about it all. I think it is like a celebrity to the girls and as a "big girl" you always have that fantasy of being Cinderella or a princess or something. I don't know. I can't put my finger on it, but I know for sure...RYAN DOESN'T GET IT! :) Which is fine...just funny!
This afternoon we went to Animal Kingdom. Saw an AMAZING Lion King show, what I would relate to things I've heard or seen about Broadway! Very amazing! The girls were very entertained and even Ryan said it was good!! Then did the saffari ride, saw some cool animals and then the parade.
Ok, a few of the details to keep you in suspense for the pictures! I think I've taken close to 200!!! My new camera has sure come in handy though!!!! I have LOVED having it!!
Tomorrow morning we are getting up early and going to eat breakfast with the Little Einstein's and JoJo from JoJo's circus on Disney. There are some shows there that we will watch and then probably head back to Magic Kingdom to ride some rides for our last afternoon!
I can't wait to share some pictures with you!!
10.04.2008
The short version...sort of!
Posted by Sharon at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad to hear you found a diaper! Funny story!
Thanks for sharing a few details -- we have been wondering what all you've been doing!
Abi came to me yesterday, totally random time, and said, "I don't want Lindsey to be in Disney World, and if she is old enough to ride in two airplanes and I'm older than her, why don't I get to go in the airplane!!??"
Love to hear the stories. Can't wait for the pictures! I am so excited to go too. Just a few more weeks!
Sharon! I didn't even know you were going to Disney! How did I miss that one? What a blast it sounds like everyone is having! I totally get what you mean about feeling like a little girl and how magical it all is, especially through the eyes of your girls. What memories you will all have. Can't wait to see pics!
I am glad I am not the only one who didn't realize you were even going...how fun! I am so very envious...I LOVE Disney. And it sounds like a fun trip. I cannot wait to see LOTS of pictures. :)
Reba
Post a Comment