Today I had a few of Lindsey's friends over for a princess tea party. She had been begging several months agoto have a REAL tea party. So I kept thinking we'd do it on a Saturday. However, with crazy schedules and most of our friends being stay at home moms, I decided we'd just do it on a Wednesday at lunch. It worked out well! There were things I could have done way more "over the top" but it was a simple lunch and a few fun things to do. I was very pleased with how it went!
These were their place cards/crowns! They decorated their crowns with foam stickers and foam markers. That was fun!
These were their place cards/crowns! They decorated their crowns with foam stickers and foam markers. That was fun!
Then we had lunch. These are the little sandwiches I made for the kids. We had one brother, so I made him a star sandwich instead of a heart! We had fruit salad, chips and cookies too. It was just enough! I bought croissants for the mommies to eat instead of heart sandwiches!
These are the big girls eating thier lunch! Lindsey, Emily, Abi and Kennedy. Mrs. Katie brought us her REAL tea set to let the girls drink with. She served them and they had a grand time feeling so big!
And here's Courtney! Just right! Her crown on backwards and to the side! Perfect for her! She decorated it herself and put it on by herself! So cute! She felt just as big!
Here are all the princesses!! Brandon did not want to get in the picture. Since he was the only boy, we didn't push it! From L-R: Abi Coston, Lindsey, Kennedy Holland, Emily Alford, Courtney and Bethany Alford. Lots of girls!!
We made bracelets and necklaces too! So cute!! They loved it.
This was a great idea! I'm so thankful for such good friends. Lindsey is so blessed! She doesn't even know it! It was very simple, but great fun. I'm such the girly mom! I had a blast and can't wait for another one!
Check out this crown!! How beautiful!
We made bracelets and necklaces too! So cute!! They loved it.
2 comments:
Adorable, great idea! Love the crowns and costumes, E.C. would enjoy a tea party too. Yes, made the outfit in the blog, Hobby Lobby, EASY, EASY, EASY!
Thanks for the comment Sharon. The tea party is adorable. To answer your question, we have amazing thrift stores here so it isn't very hard and I stay up late and read blogs sometimes to get ideas. Rob travels usually once a week overnight and I stay up late too late and get things done. We have a big basement with tons of toys and junk. I have a craft area and I let the kids play (not Lauren) she naps for 2hrs. I get it done then. A lot of coffee and I'm high energy. The basement thing works great. I go to these huge thrift stores on sat's with a friend. When the boys are at school I got to the local one close to me and get some neat stuff. How have you been? The kids are adorable and your doing so well at Mops. I'm glad you took over. I'm not the most organized person. I know you totally are. I clean and two days later it is a mess and I clean some more. Being a mom is hard work isn't it? I really need these hobies to stay sane. How do you like your camera? It is great isn't it? Let me know if you ever come with Ryan on a trip to Oh.
Post a Comment