Today was one of those days that it is no fun to be a mom, but you learn who you are as a mom at the same time! Lindsey woke up this morning at 4:00 sick sick sick! Luckily it was quick, not easy, but quick. She hasn't been sick since 6:30 this morning. She was a trooper. More than once she told me "I don't like it, Mommy" "When will I not be sick?" in her little, pitiful voice! So sad. So far Courtney is ok as the rest of us are too. Courtney didn't quite get it this morning why Lindsey wasn't playing. She handled it well too though. There were many many toys out, make up on her face (with permission at least), markers out, etc. But, she did well!
I didn't realize how quiet my house had been all day. It has really been a peaceful day. Lindsey took a 3 1/2 hour nap (I had to wake her up), Courtney took a 2 1/2 hour nap, and I had some peace and quiet. It was nice.
However, what is even better is the sound I hear now. My girls running and playing together. Giggling like I love to hear. Courtney do this, Lindsey do that. They are very close adn I love to hear their relationship grow.
I am so blessed to be their mommy!!
10.22.2008
My Sick Girl
Posted by Sharon at 5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm SO glad she is better! You really did get some good naps this afternoon!
Poor thing! Poor mom! I always feel like more of a mom when my kids are sick than any other time. Hope everyone else stays healthy there!
Post a Comment