10.30.2008

Jack-O-Lantern

Tonight we did our annual pumpkin carving. It isn't a big deal, but it has pretty much become tradition. So, it was fun. Courtney didn't care about it. (I think I remember that from last year too!) Lindsey was very into it. She wanted to help draw the face and so Courtney joined in. I drew "dot to dot" for them and they did great!
Ryan cleaned it out and I'm afraid he's always going to be the one to have to do that part! I will NOT do it and Lindsey wouldn't touch it. Courtney held (after he took it out) some "goop" in her hand, but not for long! Sorry Babe! But of course Lindsey wanted to help cut the face! She's very careful and Ryan didn't take his hand off of the knife or her hand. So it was totally safe!

Courtney checking things out...

Lindsey was insistant that she was going to put the top back on. So funny! But once the candle was in there, you can see her caution in doing it.

I'm so traditional. Nothing crazy, different, funny. Just triangle eyes and nose, typical mouth with a few teeth. I don't know what else to do...but I like it!



2 comments:

Dr. Nick said...

Way to go -- we never made it past painting pumpkins this year. Brandon is just not a stable individual when he has scissors or, Lord help us, a knife!!

Julie said...

I want to do the pumpkin carving thing, but we always paint our pumpkins. Maybe next year! I love yours...so cute!