11.24.2010

Holiday Confusion

*lots and lots of posts today. scroll down and also click on older posts*

We started last night...
Getting the Christmas stuff out of the attic.
The girls put their trees up.

This picture to any one else is just Courtney and her tree. However, I notice that she's "hugging" it because she is so caring. She's one of the most caring kids I know. She LOVES what she loves with all of her heart. If someone is crying, she's concerned. So when I saw what she did. I wasn't surprised. I know God will use this tenderheart for His glory!



Then another moment that made my heart melt...the girls just started reading books by the newly lighted Christmas tree! So sweet! Of course, hearing what Courtney was "reading."

So today we decorated the tree today. It was too late last night, so since the girls and I were going to be home today, Daddy said it was ok to do it without him. I don't think he minded at all!
You can see where most of our ornaments ended up. I love it!


Then we moved on to Thanksgiving. (Is something wrong with this picture?!) I hadn't been able to fully embrace Thanksgiving and getting ready for it after a busy weekend and busy beginning of the week. However, today I made up for it. I made a pecan pie and 2 casseroles. Then decided to let the girls make a super cute cookie craft a friend had yesterday at Lindsey's school!


Look how adorable! Pilgrim hats! You may have known about these for years, but I haven't ever seen them. It was so easy and look so cute! We delivered them to our neighborhood kids and will be taking some tomorrow to share with our families at our Thanksgiving dinners!
Hopefully my girls didn't get too confused today. Moving from Christmas tree to pilgrim cookies!

0 comments: