11.05.2010

Dexter is HOME!

The day was coming soon when Dexter Li Coston would come to Greenwood! So, Grandma Sandy and I gathered the kids to make welcome home signs for Dex, Nick and Mischelle! We lined them up in the floor and they got after it!

We had to contain Whitney, so she had a snack, but enjoyed watching the big kids!




Then the BIG DAY came! They were landing in Fort Smith at 3:00! I checked Lindsey out of school so we could be there to welcome them! Camryn had to be woken up to come to the air port, so she was having a hard time. But, she loves her grandpa, so she was just fine hanging out in his lap!
Waiting on some more friends to get there....
The group of kids waiting on them to get home!
Hmmmm, what time will they be here? Is it time yet? Where are they? Luckily we didn't have to wait long, but they were all checking it out!
Here we are...ready to welcome them home!
Whitney and Dex are only 2 weeks apart, so they will be big buddies. Not to mention Beau! He wasn't in a stroller, so he wouldn't stand still for the pic!
Cam had a good view!
It's blurry, but I had to put this one up. That is Mischelle in the red shirt, carrying Dex who was asleep! Nick is right behind her!
Again, blurry, but still precious. Brandon RAN to his mom and dad! So sweet! (I was BAWLING at this point, so blurry was what I was seeing anyway. ha!
Abi wasn't ready to run, but when she saw her momma she was excited. Look at Dex's face! Ha! Bless his heart. He wasn't ready to be the celebrity that he was. He was like this for a few minuets, but quickly warmed up. He's going to fit right in!
The closest thing I got to a "family of 6" picture! They are all in this one in some way!
Abi brought Dex a teddy bear.
Cam was really happier than she appears!
Brandon couldn't keep his hands off of Dexter. They are going to be big big buddies! I'm certain!
Loving on their new brother!
Sweet Dex is more loved than he even knows. We all tried to stay back and let Dex take us all in. I'm sure he was overwhelmed. He started looking around, smiling, laughing and he's just precious. I know they are ready to be home, ready to sleep and ready to be "normal" (ha!) as much as possible! I can't wait to hang out and get to know Dex!

Welcome home Nick, Mischelle, and Dexter!!!!!

3 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

So precious...now I'm bawling. =) Wish I could've been there. Thanks for sharing for those of us that couldn't!

Mischelle Coston said...

Sharon,
I cannot tell you how much your friendship means to me! You've been beside me this whole journey, and I'm so fortunate! Our homecoming was so special -- a moment I will always treasure. Thank you for making Dex's "birth" into our family so special!!
Love you!

Reba said...

What a beautiful celebration! That is my one regret...we didn't ask for people to meet us at the airport, so our homecomings were a bit more...boring. I can just feel the emotion in every picture!