8.17.2010

Dancer Prancer

Courtney started dance yesterday! To say she was excited would be an understatement! She watched Lindsey last year and LOVED it! She decided to try dance instead of gymnastics. Most of the time she gets a lot of hand me downs (obviously), but I decided this time she was going to get her own, new things. So, I got her a hot pink "lee da tard" (aka leotard) to match her cute tutu that Uncle Kyle and Aunt Miah gave her last year. I got her new ballet and tap shoes (which wasn't just a "because" but we had size 9 and size 11, and of course she needed a 10). Here she is, ready to go! I wanted to put a big pink bow in her hair, but she wasn't having that!


Here she is as I dropped her off. She all but ran in and sat right down. Her teacher is Miss Amy who also taught Lindsey last year. She's super sweet and does a great job! I know Courtney will have fun! She was excited to show me different things that she had done at dance! I'm excited for her to get to experience something so fun and that she's so excited to do!
I didn't take a picture of Lindsey, but she's going back to doing gymnastics. By her choice. I think last year when she switched I wasn't sure how it would all go. But I learned one thing. If she says she wants to do it, then just let her do it. Rather than "convincing" her do what I want her to do. Hopefully that will work. We'll see how it goes! Here's to the start of our "school schedule" and I couldn't be more excited!

0 comments: