Today was a big day in the Scogin house! We got to experience going to the school and looking to see who Lindsey's kindergarten teacher is going to be this year! Here she is pointing to her list!
I have prayed more for this girl more in the last 2 weeks than I could explain to her. I hate to admit that in one way, because I waited until the last 2 weeks to pray so hard about it. However, I'm amazed at the answer to my prayer that I saw this morning. We looked at the list outside, then went inside to look around. We had not stepped foot in there, so we wanted to see the school. I didn't know who Miss Morgan was, but I had heard rave reviews last year from a MOPS friend. I was so thankful.Then while we were in the hall, we saw a couple of teachers. I was with 2 friends that knew who she was, so they asked her to come meet one of her students. She came up and I introduced myself. She was SUPER DUPER sweet! She then bent down and talked to Lindsey. I could have busted out in tears. (really. not sure why. but it was just that overwhelming peace that I KNEW she was exactly who Lindsey needed!) Lindsey did not talk to her. Not one time. I was so embarassed, but at the same time, it was that "old Lindsey" that used to clam up and not talk. I hadn't seen that side of her in over a year. Anyway, I talked to her for a while, told her I wanted to be of any kind of help to her that I could and we started walking out. Lindsey asked if we could see her room and she was so nice to let us go in. She of course kept telling us how it wasn't ready and she was still working, but we didn't care. It was like our own, personal, open house! Again, totally from God, I believe!
As I had prayed, I prayed for these specific things:
- someone that fits Lindsey's personality. She needs someone sweet and very encouraging. Not someone that is going to be "gruff" and just expects her to do something
- someone who is young and ready to dive in and challenge Lindsey with things and not just let her "slide by" this year
This has been a big lesson for me. Such a small thing in the scheme of life, however, I experienced what I KNOW was an answered prayer. Specifically to me. Right in front of my face. I saw what I would have dreamed for Lindsey's kindergarten teacher to be. Did I even mention that she goes to our church? She dates a guy that Ryan knows and is sort of friends with from Upward Basketball? Just small things that make her even better in my eyes.
Thank you Jesus for your obvious (to me) answer. Thank you God for your provision for my daughter. Just when I needed it, you showed up! When I couldn't have control, you showed me that your control is even better than mine! Help me to always remember this and to trust you with all that I am.
2 comments:
What a beautiful testimony! Now you have me all teary and I'm putting make-up on for work! *sigh*
My niece had her last year. She was wonderful! I'm so thankful you feel so peaceful about it. I hope Lindsey has a great time at school!
Post a Comment