8.18.2010

Kindergarten Open House

Today was "open house" for Lindsey at East Pointe Elementary! She was so excited to take her supplies. It was just a drop in time in the morning to bring all of their supplies to make that first kindergarten morning easier! Here she is putting all of her things where they belong! Sorting them out. She LOVES that kind of thing!

I took my camera in hopes to get that GREAT picture of Lindsey with her kindergarten teacher. I told Lindsey on the way in that I wanted to take a picture of her with Miss Morgan because I took one of Courtney with her teacher and it was a special time. She didn't really say much, but seemed ok. However, she was NOT ok with it.

After she found her seat, divided her supplies into the right buckets, I asked if she was ready to take a picture with Miss Morgan. She proceeded to walk to me, put her fingers in her mouth and look down?! What?! This is NOT supposed to be happening! She's supposed to be fired up to come to kindergarten. She talks about it all the time. She's so excited. What is happening?

Miss Morgan tries to encourage her. Nope. I whisper in her ear, tell her that I took pictures with my teachers and it will be something she will have to look at for a long time, blah blah blah. Nope. Nothing. She won't budge!

I had to get serious. I told her she had to take a picture. She could sit in her chair, she could stand up, she could do whatever, but not taking a picture was NOT an option! She then just shuts down and becomes silent. Of course. I just keep telling her that she has to take a picture, so she finally says that she'll stand by Miss Morgan.

Ok, so here we go, let's stand by Miss Morgan.....
Look at Mommy....
Look at Mommy...
Take your fingers out of your mouth.....


Courtney, can you make her smile?
"I'm going to tickle you" says Miss Morgan.
NADA. Nothing.

So here is an amazing picture of Miss Morgan. You can see Lindsey's big smile under her hands!
Heaven forbid someone know that she's excited!
I'm so confident that Lindsey is going to have a great year. I know the tears will come, I know I will be emotional, I know that there will be that twinge in my stomach, I know all of that. But, I also know that she is ready. I know that I know that I know that I know that God put Lindsey in Miss Morgan's class. I know she will be loved on and well taken care of. I know that. And I'm so thankful! Here's to a GREAT year in kindergarten!

1 comments:

Reba said...

Kids are funny that way. Joshua was the same way. In fact, he refused at first. Then when I was ready to walk away to do something else, he insisted on a picture. The first one had hands in the mouth. Sigh. :)