8.23.2010

Dexter Li Coston

Yesterday afternoon, I helped host a baby shower for a very special friend, Mischelle! She and I have become great friends over the last 4 1/2 years. We have children very close in age and our kids have become best buds. Mischelle is a very precious friend to me. They have been in the process of adopting a little boy from China. We are all praying that he will get to come home to Greenwood, AR in September. (wow, I have chills just typing that out!)


Cupcakes with "double happiness" sign in Chinese

Favor boxes, Chinese to-go style, filled with gold and red M&Ms
Some of the food on the table. The canvas was painted by my college roommate and good friend Ashely! She is AMAZING! She and I "created" this in our heads together. It is the Chinese flag (in case you weren't sure) with his Chinese name across the top, his name in the middle, and Jeremiah 29:11 across the bottom. It is just perfect!
The rest of the food (didn't take a picture of the red punch that we had! Oops!

Katie, Erin, Mischelle, Sherry and I--the hostesses with the "mommy" (without a prego belly)
Mischelle and her mom
Living room decor (love the lanterns!)

Cute banner made by Sherry! She's so talented. She did all the cupcake toppers and favor boxes too! Maybe I need a Cricut to make cute stuff like this!
I am so looking forward to meeting Dexter, "Dex" as we will call him, hopefully very soon! He is already so loved by his family and friends. He is one lucky little boy (he doesn't even know it!)

1 comments:

The Junods said...

Cute cute! And so special! Can't wait to see another post about this family. How neat for you to be apart of that!

Love catching up with your blog. Great posts!