3.08.2010

Whitney June

Whitney is getting so big! It has just hit me this week. I'm ready for her to get bigger and for us to really get to know her, but at the same time it is so har to watch her grow up so fast. This is the precious baby girl I saw sleeping the other night. Fingers in mouth, check. Blanket in hand, check. Precious... Today Lindsey asked me to change the batteries in these cars. She played with them for a while. We noticed that Whitney loved watching the cars. Lindsey even noticed it. She was finished playing and said, "Mom, Whitney likes watching these cars, so I'm going to leave them on, even though I'm done." Ended up being a really good idea. Whitney sat like this for a good 5 min. watching these cars going around and around. Then, she was done....

Saved the best for last....
For those that don't know, we've had trouble getting Whitney to take a bottle. Doesn't seem to matter which kind of bottle, formula or my milk, no matter...she is VERY uninterested! She used to just take a bottle easy, but she flipped a switch, and wanted nothing to do with it. I think she talked to her friend Beau and heard that if you hold out, you don't have to take a bottle....just sayin'. Anyway, one day last week I just thought I'd try it because I had some milk pumped. I warmed it. I put it in the bottle that she seems to have liked themost. She was laying on the floor and I just stuck it in her mouth. She was flat on her back, laying in the toy room. Then she did it...she started drinking it. Sucked it ALL down. That was last Tuesday. Fast forward to last Friday, I was at Bunco and Ryan couldn't get her to take a bottle. I was just up the street so I came home and fed her. No big deal.
So again tonight I had some milk in the fridge, I was going to have to throw it out if she didn't drink it today. I was trying to get supper ready, the girls were all crazy, Ryan got home and I just said, "Why don't you try to give her this bottle?" Sure, go ahead. Off hand I just said, "Try laying her flat on her back in the floor and see if she'll take it." So he did. Oh.my.word! Check out this picture....

There you go! That's how you get a stubborn baby to drink from a bottle!

4 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

I love that top picture of Whitney! So sweet! Those are the same two fingers I sucked when I was a baby.

Julie said...

she's getting so big! Funny story about the bottle. :)

Mischelle Coston said...

Sounds like Courtney when she was a baby -- she always wanted to give her bottle to herself, no cuddling thank you very much! Always amazed me!

Erin said...

I'm trying it tomorrow! I have some milk thawed that's going to be thrown out anyway, so it's worth a try!