Today I'm celebrating with my amazing man, 9 wonderful years of marriage. I scanned these pictures in and cut off Ryan's head on the first one. As I looked at the pictures, I realized how "old school" my pictures are. Oh well, I'm thankful to have them. Here is a walk down memory lane of that day...
My family
(the girls don't recognize Uncle Taylor)
Ryan's family
My girls
(I didn't scan the boys' pic in, sorry)
Can you tell we were happy?!
My best friend from 6th grade, the best friend in the world, Martha caught the boquet at my wedding (she was already engaged and getting married in 2 months!)
This day was perfect. There are very very few things I would do differently. One being that I wish we had stayed at our reception a little bit longer. Ryan wanted to leave....hmmmm, wonder why? :) Also, Ryan wanted to leave in a boat from the reception (we had our reception at the Yacht Club in Bella Vista) and I was determined to leave in a limo and stand up and wave good bye out of the sunroof. For whatever reason I was doing that NO.MATTER.WHAT!! Now looking back, how cool would it have been to leave in a boat?! Oh well...we were young and in love and it didn't really matter!My husband is amazing. I hope that all of my married friends feel that way about their spouse. God knew what he was doing. Ryan complements me in ways I don't even realize that I need. He works hard for our family so that I can stay home with our precious (most of the time) girls! I don't thank him enough for allowing me to do this! He is a man of integrity and I respect him for all that he stands for. I have loved watching him with our girls. To say that he is a "good girl dad" is a complete understatement! They think the world of him!
When I think about my wedding day, I now think about my girls' wedding day. I don't pray everyday for it, but when I think about it I do. I pray for their future husbands. I want my girls to be as blessed as I am. I want them to have a husband that loves Jesus, cares about his family, loves his wife and children, works hard for thier family and is respected by others. Our girls don't know it now, but their daddy is setting a very high standard and a wonderful example of what they will need and want one day!
I love you Ryan and thank the Lord that you are mine!

5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Did you plan for the brides maids dresses to match the church carpet? JK! great pics! yall look so young!!!
first of all love the bling shoes! so cute!
happy happy anniversary!!! cute post. can i please go back to those skinny days! you look beautiful and so happy. ryan looks like a baby :) great pictures!! hope yall have a great day! love you and so thankful i could be apart of your special day!!
What fun memories of your wedding day, and what a sweet ode to your husband. So glad to have you; don't know how I'd make it through half of my days without our phone calls. Just wish you were closer. Love you tons!
What a sweet, sweet post! Tracy beat me to it, but did you plan the carpet and dress combo?? HA!!
That is precious what you wrote. Our husbands are very similar!! You looked so pretty, I will have to find mine and post mine sometime.
Post a Comment