3.04.2010

Funnies and Blessings

I should do this more often, but I guess I think I will remember and obviously I won't. So, here are today's funnies from Courtney (and it is only 8:42)!

C: Ride your horsies. Do you know what that means mommy?
M: No, what does it mean?
C: Be patient.
M: I think you mean hold your horses means be patient.
C: No, it is ride your horsies means be patient.

*preface to this funny* Dixon has been getting out of our fence and yesterday we had to drive around the neighborhood to find him. We weren't having good luck and so I just had started telling the girls that he will come home when he's ready. (sort of wishing some nice old lady would find him and want to keep him) Ryan was coming home for lunch and found him up the road from our house. The only neighborhood road I hadn't driven on but was making my way there. So, then today in the car, this is what Courtney tells me:

C: I guess Dixon was playing hide and go seek. (this was the beginning of our conversation, just out of no where)
M: Yes, I guess he was.
C: He said go count and he went to hide.
M: Maybe so.
C: You couldn't find him, so daddy did. (yes, daddy did, he drove up at just the right time to be the hero!)

Before we left for school, I was getting L ready and Courtney came running to tell her about something that had happened on TV. Here is their conversation on the way to the living room:

*as they are running
C: Lindsey, it already happened, DUH. (spoken just as a 13 year old would say "duh")
L: We can rewind it, Courtney, DUH. (again, spoken just as a 13 year old would say "duh")

Oh how I love these girls. Today my quiet time was about seeing the things God gives us all around us. Today I see that he has BLESSED me with 3 precious girls. Two of which I can watch play and love eachother. Two of which I can watch love their baby sister to pieces! Thank you Jesus for blessing me with these precious girls!

3 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Yes and Amen!!

Erin said...

You are so smart to write them down! You think you will remember forever and then you don't! So cute!!!

Julie said...

Adorable!