10.29.2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I meant to post this when I did some pictures of Whitney as a newborn, but kept forgetting. These are just a couple of things lately that I've heard from Lindsey and Courtney.

In the hospital when Whitney was in the nursery just after being born, they were all standing and watching. The nurses obviously had different babies doing different things. My understanding is that Ryan had shown Whitney to the girls as he walked her to the nursery and then they saw her in the window. As they were standing there, Courtney was looking for Whitney and said, "Where's the baby with the hat?" I guess she knew Whitney had a that little hospital hat on and then there was a baby there without it on and Courtney knew/thought that wasn't Whitney since that baby didn't have a hat! Ha! Those are the moments I miss out on since I'm in recovery. I love the stories though!

Then not long after we'd been home. We were sitting in the living room and just hanging out. Courtney looked at me and said, "When are you going to be through having this baby?" I thought my mom was going to fall on the floor laughing! Seriously! I asked Courtney what she meant, explained that we were finished having the baby and now Whitney would be at our house forever! She didn't really respond. I THINK she meant how long was Honey going to stay because she knew Honey was staying because we'd had a baby? I don't know, but it was funny!

Yesterday on the way to school the girls were talking about all the things God made--looking out the window and saying "God made the sun. He just said "sun" and there it was." Is how Lindsey was explaining it to Courtney. So then it was "He just said _____ and it was there." So we talked about a lot of things God made that we could see. Then Lindsey says, "God is like Mary Poppins." Ok...where is this going I thought. Then she says, "Like when they were cleaning up the toy room, they snapped their fingers and things cleand up. But, Mary Poppins isn't real and God is real." I love it! Yes, that is it Lindsey--you got it--God is real!

Apparently I say "seriously" a lot because as Courtney was pretend playing yesterday with her babies, she said, "Seriously?!" with the expression in her voice as though she was asking a question. It is funny to hear them talk so big, sort of scary too how often I hear myself come out in their words and pretend play of being mommies and a teacher!

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Another good one from Courtney was this. We took her to McDonalds on Sunday while Sharon and Ryan and Whitnety were back at Willow Creek and Courtney went to sleep on the way to McDonald's - she had not had her afternoon nap. When we were back at the house I asked her if she had told her daddy that she went to sleep on the way to McDonald's and she wiped her forehead and with a serious face and tone of voice, said "I was SUPER tired."

Posted by Grangrad

Valerie said...

I love the "Seriously?" part. too funny! I say that wayyyy too often. Also, I guess I say "apparently" way too often, since my kids start every sentence off with that word. :)