All of the sudden it is the week of Halloween. I'm not necisarily a big fan, but enjoy getting the girls dressed up! This year Lindsey asked to be a black cat, which there is a picture in a previous post (and will be more after Sat.). Courtney didn't really seem to care, surprise surprise, and has gotten into watching 101 Dalmatians at times lately. I asked her if she wanted to be an dalmatian and she said yes. So, we made a sweatshirt with black dots (she did it!) and she's going to wear black pants and I have to come up with some way to make ears (suggestions if you have them, please!) by Sat. night! We broke out the paint yesterday and she loved doing it!
Lindsey had to make a pumpkin for her school. The only directions were to "decorate" a pumpkin. We carved one the other night and she wanted to take that one. However, I knew that other children would go "all out" (or their parents would) and have elaborate pumpkins. I didn't really care but didn't want her to feel funny about her pumpkin being plain. So I told her that sometime people painted them and made things out of pumpkins. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do. Sure enough, Monday morning there were several that were very elaborate and over done. I think she quickly realized what I meant It is not your basic pumpkin decorating project! However, I also wanted her to be able to do it for several reasons...1. It is HER project, not mine! 2. The teacher in me doens't understand what the point is of having children do something like this at home, if they don't get to help or do a lot of the work on it. I looked online and found a black cat example! Perfect I thought...she's going to be a black cat, she'll love that idea. And she DID! Here she is painting her pumpkin!
Here is the finished project. She painted it all by herself. She helped "fold" the whiskers and she colored and cut out the nose. We just used a headband with ears that we had already bought! I think it turned out pretty cute!
3 comments:
Love, love, love the pictures of Whitney -- not bad photography there!! Black cat pumpkin - how cute is that! I might have to steal that idea in the future.
Cutie in her tutu!!! love it! So glad you got it in time! She is growing!
So precious! Love the tutu and pumpkin!
Post a Comment