I have tried and tried to upload a couple more pictures. But really these two pictures sum up our day. Courtney was barefoot with her coat and hat while eating...something...anything. Lindsey wanted to drive the WHOLE TIME we were out on the boat! We stopped for a little while to just hang out and enjoy the beautiful weather. Pretty much the whole time we were stopped, Lindsey said, "I'm ready to go. I want to go." She wasn't ready to go to the car necissarily, but was ready to move and drive! She was good. Ryan would sit in front of her on the bench and then point his finger the direction she needed to turn it. Courtney drove some and when Ryan would put his hands on the wheel to turn it, she would push them off! It was a lot of fun. Courtney had no fear of walking around and climbing on everything! Sort of scary for us though.
3.10.2008
First Voyage!
I backed the trailer down to the boat with Ryan's help. I was so nervous because I'm not used to backing things and having to turn the car, watch the trailer, all of that. But, it was fine. Ryan was great at helping of course! Then the fun started when we got back to the storage place to park the boat. We pulled up and someone had returned a Uhaul BIG truck while we were out. So, it looked like we might be able to barely fit through. Ryan tried and tried, but couldn't get it to fit. So, the only option was to get it off of the suburban and pull the boat and trailer by hand through the gate where he could fit through! I was a little nervous to say the least, but my big, buff, strong husband pulled that thing through! It was frustrating at first, but he handled it well. You know Ryan. He just said, "I could have done without that on this Sunday afternoon" and never mentioned it again! What a good hubby he is! So we got the boat parked and covered. Lindsey had fallen asleep and Courtney was watching a DVD in the car. They were great! I'm so thankful for the fun times I know we are going to have this summer on the boat!
You know how people "name" their boat? Well, the other day Ryan out of the blue (we had NOT talked about this and I of course had not even thought about it!) said, "I think we should name it "The Leeann." What a great idea! I thought it was so sweet that he thought about it and that he named it after our girls! How cute is that?! He said he was going to get the sticker or whatever it is that you do made and put it on the back. So we can soon refer to the boat as "The Leeann." I sort of think it would be cool to spell it "LeeAnn" with the "A" big. For those of you who don't know Lee is Lindsey's middle name and Ann is Courtney's. That is why it is so fitting!
Posted by Sharon at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've had to catch up with your blog! Not having the internet is so strange! Congrats on the boat! You guys will (and looks like you already are) have so many special memories with it!
Looks like a successful day on the water! Um, not to be a drag, but where is Miss Courtney's life jacket??? You know, we're sort of into water SAFETY around here! :)
Post a Comment