To some this topic might not be "blog worthy," but to a mom of a toddler it is! Courtney went to the potty last night before her bath! Then this morning she wasn't soaked in her diaper so I asked her if she wanted to go in the potty. She said yes AND WENT! What?! Lindsey was basically 3 (a month before her 3rd birthday) before she was trained. AND she couldn't have cared less until that "moment" of going, literally! It was very easy, so part of me doesn't want to "push" Courtney because when Lindsey was ready she was ready. Only 2 accidents EVER and that was the first week and we were at VBS at church. She's only wet the bed once and that was because I forgot (it was a crazy late night at my mom's) to have her go before bed. So, all of those details to say how easy she was.
I'm not sure then how to take Courtney's interest. Do I push her? Do I just let her "play" with it and take her to the potty as I can? I could tell lately that she was very interested in it, but just wanted it to be her idea. Apparently it is, but becuase she's so much younger I'm worried about the communication of it. She can say all the right words, but will she tell me? Advice is greatly appreciated here!
Here's hoping to me being finished with buying diapers!
3.05.2008
Can it be?
Posted by Sharon at 7:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Emma Cate was 18 months when she started wanting to go, however, she still has accidents and wears a pull up when we go out. I guess the birth of Will has set us back and that I was a lazy pregnant mom trying to potty train. Good luck!
So cute! Wow! How old is she? Good luck to you!
I say go with it. If she seems ready (and it sounds like she is) give it a try!! Linlee was 18 months when I started training her. She wasn't quite ready and so it took abount 7-8 months before we were out of pull-ups. Courtney sounds ready to me.
Post a Comment