6.19.2007

Father's Day


On Saturday, Ryan's dad, Mark, came to visit and celebrate Father's Day with us. Lindsey was so excited to see Grandpa and Grandma. Courtney was asleep during present time, so she missed out. Lindsey made the wrapping paper. The part you can see is the begining of her name...Li and part of the n. She can write all of her name except for the n sometimes and the s, but she's learning!





Grandad, Honey and Taylor came on Sunday for lunch to do Father's Day stuff. Dad was eating chocolate ice cream, so Courtney thought she needed some. She liked it, suprise suprise! She stood there until it was gone!








Lindsey would sit with "Grangrad" (as Lindsey says Grandad), but she had to keep sewing, of course! She loves her sewing cards and she's super at them! Anything fine motor is right up her alley. Of course Courtney just wants to grab her string. So fun to be the little sister!




Daddy and his girls! Who would have thought that we'd have 2 girls! The Scogin family (before Ryan's generation) is ALL boys! He has 4 girl cousins, so I guess it was time for some Scogin girls. He is such a great girl dad! I can't imagine him with a boy, he'd be great I'm sure, but hard to picture at this point. In fact, one story comes to mind...we were at our friends' Martha and Willie's house sometime this past spring. Their little boy, Cole, had gotten 2 goldfish for Christmas. Cole wanted to show Ryan, so Ryan went to see them. Ryan's comment to Cole was, "They are so pretty!" Cole didn't know the difference, but Ryan came back in the living room and told us what he had said. He made the comment that boy's fish aren't supposed to be pretty, they are tough and cool or something. So, obviously Ryan is just so used to talking "girl" that he didn't even think about it being different with Cole! I just laughed and laughed! Lindsey loves her daddy, as does Courtney, but she can't vocalize that yet. Lindsey loves the little things that Ryan does with her that I don't do. Hold her upside down "way up so high" as she calls it! Reads certain books a certain way, she knows tells us the difference in the way we wash her hair, if I do something wrong she'll tell me, "Do it like Daddy does it!", she talks about her Daddy all the time while we are playing, coloring pictures for him, sewing a card for him, etc. It is just amazing to watch their relationship. I'm so thankful that she adores her Daddy and that he loves her the way that he does. In fact, sometimes it is hard not to be "jealous" of the love and affection, words and praise that he gives to the girls that I sometimes feel left out. However, on the same note I wouldn't want it any other way than him showing the girls how he loves them and how they are to be loved one day by the man God has for them. It is funny how prom, weddings, dates, etc. all have a new perspective in our house. Not to mention just teenage years in general, especially after Heather was here. Ryan said, "I just can't see Lindsey and Courtney at that age!" That is what I said when we saw some girls in their prom dresses a few months ago. Ryan's comment then was, "They won't go to prom!" So funny! What a dad! I'm thankful for all that he does for our family and what he means to ALL of his girls!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your girls are sooooo precious. I love the pink and brown striped outfits! Maybe next time you come to springdale we can hang out.

Hugs!

Alisa Berteau said...

What great stories. You are right, teenage events take on a whole new meaning!! how will we ever survive?? How did our parents do it?? thanks for sharing!